Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by ZYA_LTR View Post
    So should they sell these for dirt cheap prices?
    YES!

Quote Originally Posted by ZYA_LTR View Post
    why can't the C&R work to buy them, even though their is a majority of these that ARE C&R eligible. Why can't the CMP search every one to determine the serial number and see when it was originally made and then make separate categories of them to the C&R guys and track all that and be able to verify a C&R through ATF's EZcheck...(which you can't). .
    These should ALL be C&R the same way that the CZ82 is which has nothing to do with being over 50 years old. C&R holders should have first dibs at MUCH MUCH lower prices than what CMP is jacking them up to be. The whole thing is ludicrous

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    C&R holders should have first dibs at MUCH MUCH lower prices than what CMP is jacking them up to be.
    Why?
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    C&R holders should have first dibs at MUCH MUCH lower prices than what CMP is jacking them up to be.
    And why should they?
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    And why should they?
    So that dw can get one cheap. That's all he cares about. He doesn't care about funding marksmanship programs. Also, many here aren't putting any value on the history of the guns. They could have been used to save a soldier's life. Very few civilian guns can claim that.

MGO Board of Directors

My Dad told me that in WWII he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with one.
    If you got lucky and actually hit the barn, you earned the title of Marksman.

I'd still rather have one than not if I were in trouble!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    So that dw can get one cheap. That's all he cares about. He doesn't care about funding marksmanship programs. Also, many here aren't putting any value on the history of the guns. They could have been used to save a soldier's life. Very few civilian guns can claim that.
    A Glock 17 could have saved a LEO's life
    A M9 could have saved a number of Joes.
    A M4... and so on and so on.
    This doesn't hold much water with me. I had an issue M9 and M16A2 that may have saved a number of lives later down the line. I'm not going to pay extra for that unless it's someone I knew or cared about.

The guys and gals that usually support marksmanship programs are salt of the earth and can't afford to pay $1,500 for a shot-out 1911. They are the ones who help teach courses to young kids; get RSO certified; and proudly wear whatever Pro 2A group they believe in's hat. Your statement is a non sequitur when it comes to how high CMP is pricing these.
    Maybe I'm crazy for thinking that something paid for by taxpayer money should be sold at a price point that the common person can buy. And yeah, I'm pissed that these firearms were purchased using our grandparents (at least for me) taxes and now they are charging a premium to make sure some schmuck doesn't hold up a Speedway.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    A Glock 17 could have saved a LEO's life
    A M9 could have saved a number of Joes.
    A M4... and so on and so on.
    This doesn't hold much water with me. I had an issue M9 and M16A2 that may have saved a number of lives later down the line. I'm not going to pay extra for that unless it's someone I knew or cared about.
    When's the last time the government sold any M9s or M4s? Maybe you need to read up on the DCM/CMP and find out how they are funded.
    As far as doing my part, I ran the MI junior rifle team one year and was rifle chairman of my club and ran several M1 Garand classes and ran many certified and registered matches.

I am a Forum User
    And there is good ol' John throwing his famous cheap shot at me every chance he gets...sigh, some people

When's the last time the government sold any M9s or M4s? Maybe you need to read up on the DCM/CMP and find out how they are funded.
    As far as doing my part, I ran the MI junior rifle team one year and was rifle chairman of my club and ran several M1 Garand classes and ran many certified and registered matches.
    I'm not trying to start an internet pissing contest on this- it's each of our opinions.
    And, no, of course they aren't selling M4's. That's not the point and the entire reason I said your point is a non sequitur.
    And, how the CMP is funding still doesn't deviate from the fact that those firearms were paid for using tax payer money. I find it ludicrous they are going to gouge.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    I'm not trying to start an internet pissing contest on this- it's each of our opinions.
    And, no, of course they aren't selling M4's. That's not the point and the entire reason I said your point is a non sequitur.
    And, how the CMP is funding still doesn't deviate from the fact that those firearms were paid for using tax payer money. I find it ludicrous they are going to gouge.
    But please think of the children!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast