Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Reference or place with handy craftsmanship skills

I have an old 16ga Sears & Roebuck dbl. barrel shotgun. I spent some time cleaning it up since it was discarded under some basement stairs. I was curious if anyone had a contact that has any woodworking/gunsmith skills to make a new fore-stock and butt-stock out of some real wood. The set is on there now are cheap and plastic and I believe the butt-stock has a crack in it. (no pun intended). Any ideas are much appreciated.

Do you know who made the gun for Sears? It might be possible that replacement wood could be available if the gun was made by a major manufacturer. I think most of the guns sold by Sears and Montgomery Wards and others were made for them. I do know a guy who could make new wood for your gun but it might be costly. He is in Davison. Any info on the gun might help.

Banned
    Probably a Savage/Fox or JC Higgins

This should help you figure out what exactly you have. https://www.gunpartscorp.com/brand-c...erence?page=16
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe View Post
    This should help you figure out what exactly you have.
    So I took at second look at it. Made by Eastern Arms / Sears and Roebuck. 101.15.

I am a Forum User
    So I did some Googling and found this as well..

Stevens Model 311 or Stevens Model 530 , I have to confirm any other markings as well based on the comments I found online. Either way its old and not worth much.

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray