Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Gun Control Group Launches Six-Figure Ad Campaign Against Concealed Carry

Gabby Giffords’ Gun Control Group Launches Six-Figure Ad Campaign Against Concealed Carry

By AWR Hawkins
    Breitbart
    December 5th. 2017

Gabby Giffords’ gun control launches a six-figure ad campaign trying to shame eight blue-state Republicans into opposing national reciprocity for law-abiding Americans.

The basis for the opposition? The Las Vegas attack, of course. That was an attack in which rifles were used to shoot unarmed innocents at a concert venue on the Las Vegas strip.

According to Politico, the ad by Giffords’ group features a female narrator saying, “In the wake of our country’s worst mass shooting, Congress came up with its most dangerous idea yet: nearly anyone with a hidden loaded gun would be allowed into your community. No background check? No training? No questions asked.” The voice then mentions one of the blue-state Republicans being targeted by the ad campaign.

This makes the second time in less than a week that Giffords and/or individuals associated with her group have stated opposition to national reciprocity because of the Las Vegas attack. On November 29, Breitbart News reported Giffords saying, “With Las Vegas and Sutherland Springs still in shock over their communities’ losses, Congress is actually moving to weaken our public safety. It’s an extraordinary violation of the public’s trust. Elections have consequences. We will be watching—and acting.”

When boiled down to basics, the six-figure ad being run by Giffords’ gun control group is simply further proof that that gun control lobby has deep pockets. And in this case, those pockets are full of funds which are spent in opposition to legislation that will make it easier for law-abiding citizens to be armed for defense of themselves and their families.

National reciprocity is expected to reach the House Floor for a vote on Wednesday. Giffords’ gun control group wants to somehow shame Reps. Rodney Frelinghuysen (R-NJ), Jason Lewis (R-MN), Steve Knight (R-CA), Lee Zeldin (R-NY), Mimi Walters (R-CA), Mike Coffman (R-CO), Barbara Comstock (R-VA), and Ed Royce (R-CA) into opposing it before then. The chore for Giffords’ group will be explaining why being able to defend oneself and one’s family is something of which to be ashamed.

I am a Forum User
    Just because she likes her brains scrambled doesn't mean we have to have ours that way.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I think it is impressive how they stick to one subject and keep hammering at it. They don't bog down their message with a bunch of wishes to appease gun owners. They serve their supporters.

Maybe a few national/state gun groups should pay attention.

MGO Member
    All the poor aqnd hungry they could help instead. What a pity and waste.

I am a Forum User
    Well, it's passed the house and on the way to the senate. Methinks she and her oliver twist makers have failed.

I am a Forum User
    Very similar to the campaign for "net neutrality" LOL

Two different hands to handle the mic.
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!