Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MGO Board of Directors

HB 5320 of 2017 Allow Retired MSP Motor Carrier Officers to Carry Concealed in "Pistol Free Zones"

HB 5320 of 2017
    Weapons; concealed; pistol-free zones; exempt retired motor carrier officers. Amends secs. 5b & 5o of 1927 PA 372 (MCL 28.425b & 28.425o).
    Last Action: 12/6/2017 bill electronically reproduced 12/05/2017
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

(5) Subsections (1) and (2) do not apply to any of the following:

(a) An individual licensed under this act who is a retired police officer, retired law enforcement officer, retired motor carrier officer of the department of state police, or retired federal law enforcement officer.
    WTF?

Is a retired motor carrier officer of the department of state police, not a retired police officer, retired law enforcement officer. If they are not are not LEO or Police, then under what authority do they enforce laws?

AND, what about the County motor carrier officer? Why are they limiting it to MSP motor carrier officers?

That also raises the question, who owes what to the MSP?

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Enough with the carve outs, already. In the end the only thing the citizen gets is carved up.

I'm probably as qualified or more so than most of these special exemptions. Is this some plot by the leaders to get so many carve outs that the citizenry won't care/ notice when they eliminate PFZ's altogether?
    Last edited by DEVIL DOG; 12-07-2017 at 03:45 PM.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

Quote Originally Posted by DEVIL DOG View Post
    I'm probable as qualified or more so than most of these special exemptions. Is this some plot by the leaders to get so many carve outs that the citizenry won't care/ notice when they eliminate PFZ's altogether?
    I doubt that. All of these "special" groups seem to be limited to past or present government employees of some sort, are contracted to provide armed security for one of the listed PFZs, or is a licensed "PI" of some sort. They don't seem interested in expanding outside of their own house much. All for we, none for thee.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Another carve out!!!
    They must be close to getting them all by now I would think!!

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCKME View Post
    Another carve out!!!
    They must be close to getting them all by now I would think!!
    Interns…legislative interns…they aren't on the list yet.
    Oh…and contractors that service jails and prisons…they're not on the list yet either…
    Let's not forget about fast food workers…how many videos have we seen of them getting assaulted by hangry drunk/high customers…?
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    It's one thing to carve-out for people who aren't cops.

But this is literally just an exercise in futility. If these guys can get LEOSA... that is a FAR BETTER carve-out they already are able to get. LEOSA lets them carry in all states, and in all pistol-free zones. So why not just let it be?

Quote Originally Posted by zigziggityzoo View Post
    It's one thing to carve-out for people who aren't cops.

But this is literally just an exercise in futility. If these guys can get LEOSA... that is a FAR BETTER carve-out they already are able to get. LEOSA lets them carry in all states, and in all pistol-free zones. So why not just let it be?
    Maybe we should have a law, or something, that would give all US citizens equal rights.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    Maybe we should have a law, or something, that would give all US citizens equal rights.
    H.R. 38, as is, would basically do that (give us the same thing LEOSA gives to cops). Only unlike cops, us regular folk just have to follow the process for CPLs, no quals every year.

There could also be something like national constitutional carry... but I feel like that's a pipe dream right now. We can't even get that in Michigan.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast