Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Trump Will Permit Citizens to Buy Military Surplus 1911 Pistols

This is "Yuge".
    Trump Will Permit Citizens to Buy Military Surplus 1911 Pistols

By AWR Hawkins
    Breitbart
    November 24th. 2017

President Trump is set to sign the 2018 National Defense Authorization Act, which contains an amendment that allows U.S. citizens to acquire military surplus 1911 pistols. The sales will occur under the auspices of the Civilian Marksmanship Program, which has been selling approved military surplus weapons to citizens for more than 100 years.

According to the International Business Times, it currently costs the U.S. military approximately $2 a day to store one pistol, and there are an estimated 100,000 1911s that are being stored. So that is a $200,000 expenditure the military can erase and replace with a profit, or at least of a recoup of costs, by selling the firearms.

The 1911 is one of the most popular handguns ever developed. It is valued for military use, home defense, self-defense, and concealed carry. Although the military’s 1911s were made by Colt, citizens have long been purchasing civilian models from Colt as well. These range from the basic government model to 1911s with finely tuned triggers and target barrels that allow for incredible accuracy in competitive shooting.

My wife is going to be pissed if she ever finds out how much it costs us to store our guns.

$2 per day per gun should get us some kind of tax deduction. We should be able to claim them as dependents or something.

I almost forgot....

MAGA!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    My wife is going to be pissed if she ever finds out how much it costs us to store our guns.

$2 per day per gun should get us some kind of tax deduction. We should be able to claim them as dependents or something.

I almost forgot....

MAGA!
    Is it close to $200,000 a day?

I am a Forum User
    Since they only hold 7 rounds in a mag I wonder what doom the left will claim to befall us once these weapons of war are on the streets.

And $2 a day for each pistol? That doesn't seem right.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by kbdm View Post
    Since they only hold 7 rounds in a mag I wonder what doom the left will claim to befall us once these weapons of war are on the streets.

For the government it does.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by kbdm View Post

There are plenty of 8-10rd mags out there

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DTruck View Post
    Is it close to $200,000 a day?
    And they will try to recoupe it off each and every pistol.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledhead View Post
    And they will try to recoupe it off each and every pistol.
    These pistols will be given to the CMP, and only the CMP will make any profits off the sales of them. The funds generated by the CMP will be used to continually fund the CMP program and it's efforts to teach marksmanship to civilians. It is set forth in their charter.
    Jason Ebig
    L & L Arms LLC
    586-321-6056
    01 FFL & Class 3 SOT Dealer

I am a Forum User
    They should have added excess M9’s and any other excess non-machine guns (think, Mk11, mk12, mk 13, M110, M107, M40)

I am a Forum User
    M40’s and other assorted sniper rifles have shown up semi-regularly on the CMP auction site. They bring big...big money.

http://cmpauction.thecmp.org/detail....Rifle-S6534025
    Last edited by mtlucas0311; 11-25-2017 at 06:22 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast