Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MGO Member Forum User

New SCAR-type rifle: FB Radom MSBS Grot

FB Radom of Poland is supposed to be releasing their new SCAR-type rifle to the civilian market sometime early next year. Looks like another gun to compete with the SCAR, Bren, and ACR. No word on the price yet but I'd expect it to be around the same price as a Bren or ACR, so a bit less than a SCAR 16. In terms of function, FB Radom likened them most to an ACR. Originally FB Radom was going to make magnesium lowers for these rifles, but they said in another article the rifles would cost $2,000-3,000 so they went with polymer lowers to bring the cost down. I'd expect MSRP to be just under $2,000 with street prices probably being around $1,500-1,600 or so.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...ed-early-2018/

I am a Forum User
    thanks for the write up!

I am a Forum User
    I'm a rifle nOOb. What's the biggest advantage of a SCAR over an AR?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron View Post
    I'm a rifle nOOb. What's the biggest advantage of a SCAR over an AR?
    In the real world, nothing. It makes more money for the maker and dealer.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

newer things look cooler than ARs (but ARs have many more parts out there to work with and upgrade to)
    the biggest advantage seems to be the folding stock. but that comes at having your rail/sights a good deal higher than they are on an AR so POI/POA is a bigger issue.
    the newer designs are also usually run on gas pistons rather than direct impingement, so they can be cleaner without as much hot gas blowback in your face when running a silencer. Also they are easier to change calibers on the field by a bolt and barrel swap. much more difficult to do with ARs.
    But honestly, you can build piston ARs, and ARs with folding stocks, and ARs with short recoil systems. and usually for cheaper than one of these new gee-whiz-proprietary all plastic rifles.
    So basically, do you want a cool looking rifle, or a rifle you can swap parts on as much as you want?
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

My pants just got really tight.

I don't need one, but I'll probably wait for reviews and pick one up. If prices are actually $1500-$1600 I'll gladly add one to the arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    In the real world, nothing. It makes more money for the maker and dealer.
    does it cost more to make ?

I agree its not a huge performance difference at the range.

the polish make nice weapons, but I am not a huge fan of plastic receivers from the standpoint, i want the gun for a lifetime, no worries of longevity. I want to be grandfathered in a banned future world. Not stuck with a dry rotted brittle reciever in 40 years with no way to replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    the polish make nice weapons, but I am not a huge fan of plastic receivers from the standpoint, i want the gun for a lifetime, no worries of longevity. I want to be grandfathered in a banned future world. Not stuck with a dry rotted brittle reciever in 40 years with no way to replace it.
    You realize they use the same materials as like...Glock frames no? Ever broken a Glock frame? Me either.

They're sturdy as hell and really the only way to break them is to abuse them in ways you're not supposed to.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by somecrazygreek View Post
    My pants just got really tight.

I don't need one, but I'll probably wait for reviews and pick one up. If prices are actually $1500-$1600 I'll gladly add one to the arsenal.
    should i start making offers for your like new rifle now or wait a bit?
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast