Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    So what does a participant do that isn't as flexible as those in the video? Right now, I couldn't get into a sitting position in 55 seconds, let alone fire ten rounds at a target 200 yards away after dropping from a standing position.
    What I have seen them do for participants that have some physical issues is that you don't do the "transition" of the transitional stage. You will start in the firing position and stay there. But you wait until others start shooting before you do to keep it fair. I have also seen the use of a chair in that stage, for those that can't bend their knees that far. Work with the instructors, they will work with you.

Also, for the most part this will all be shot at 25 meters, with targets sized to be appropriate for the different distances. I think for you, the closest place would be an event at Fenton, and Lapeer being the next closest. Now, I am partial to Lapeer, they have some special "amenities".

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    I was trained as a small arms coach in the Canadian infantry. If you want, I would be willing to work with you. My price is simple, if you like the training buy me a beer afterwards.

I am a Forum User
    Depends on what you are trying to do I suppose.

If your goal is to get down and get shots off as rapidly as possible with enough accuracy to make impacts, your technique is probably going to be different than someone who is trying to sling up and shoot groups. IMO, if you have time to sling up then you probably have time to deploy a bipod, even if the sling is already in a good position while you are standing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123