Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

It's Crunch Time For Reciprocity!

Tick, Tick,Tick.
    Doug Jones’s Victory Means Mitch McConnell Must Act on National Reciprocity Now

By AWR Hawkins
    Breitbart
    December 13th, 2017

When Doug Jones (D) defeated Roy Moore (R) for U.S. Senate in Alabama, one thing was immediately evident — the window of time for passing national reciprocity just got smaller.

Reciprocity legislation was introduced in the House on January 3, 2017, but was not passed until December 6 after conservative representatives finally overcame Speaker Paul Ryan’s months of stonewalling.

National reciprocity now rests with the Senate, where Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) has been no more enthusiastic about it than Ryan was in the House. In fact, on August 13, 2017, Breitbart News reported that McConnell was mum on national reciprocity.

In other words, instead of seizing the momentum of a Republican-controlled Senate to pass the pro-Second Amendment legislation, McConnell dithered. He dithered so long that we are nearing the end of the year and, with Jones’s win, nearing the end of a 52-seat majority.

What makes this worse is the reality that there are eight red-state Senate Democrats who may have difficulty winning re-election in November 2018 if they vote against reciprocity. They are Sens. Claire McCaskill (D-MO), Joe Donnelly (D-IN), Joe Manchin (D-WV), Heidi Heitkamp (D-ND), Jon Tester (D-MT), Tammy Baldwin (D-WI), Sherrod Brown (D-OH), and Bill Nelson (D-FL). Yet instead of exploiting the tedious position of these Senate Democrats by hastening a vote, McConnell has done nothing.

National reciprocity passed the House and President Donald Trump voiced support for it over two years ago. That means, it is up to the Senate to get it done.

Senate Republicans have a 52-seat majority for two more weeks. That means it is up to McConnell to get it done quickly, forcing red-state Senate Democrats to come out of the shadows and vote up or down for the people’s right to keep and bear arms.

MGO Member
    He is worthless. Look what he did for Jones...

It will take 60 votes to pass this bill out of the Senate I do believe.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

Quote Originally Posted by DEVIL DOG View Post
    It will take 60 votes to pass this bill out of the Senate I do believe.
    If the bill makes it to a vote, it needs only 51 votes to pass.
    But you need to debate before it gets to a vote.
    The Senate fancies itself the "world's greatest deliberative body", and they'll deliberate as long as somebody wants to.
    You can force them to stop deliberating by a cloture vote, and that takes 60 votes.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Mitch's preferred candidate in Alabama was soundly rejected by gun owners. He will wring his hands, shrug his shoulders and say, "We can't do anything for gun owners because gun owners didn't vote for my guy, "Big Strange".

Banned
    McStain won't be voting either