Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

New York State Wants to Take Guns Away From All Domestic Abusers

And, just how can this be "abused"?
    "Nice" that Time draws an association between the shooter in Texas, and legal concealed carry!
    New York State Wants to Take Guns Away From All Domestic Abusers

By Abigail Abrams
    Time.com
    December 13th. 2017

The governor said he would push to expand the type of firearms that those convicted of domestic violence must surrender. Existing law covers handguns, but Cuomo wants it to include rifles and shotguns as well. His proposal would also require judges to mandate the surrender of all firearms, including rifles and shotguns, when they issue an order of protection in domestic violence cases.

Cuomo’s announcement comes barely a month after a shooter opened fire on his mother-in-law’s Texas church, killing 26 people and injuring others, after a long history of domestic violence. It’s become a disturbing pattern of mass shootings. As Cuomo noted in his announcement, most of the deadliest mass shootings in United States history have been perpetrated by individuals with a history of violence against women or a record of harassment against them.

As New York considers tightening access to guns, lawmakers at the federal level appear to be moving in the opposite direction. Cuomo’s proposal comes just a week after the U.S. House of Representatives voted to expand gun rights by passing a measure that would allow owners with concealed-carry permits to bring their firearm almost anywhere in the country—including states with more restrictive laws.

MGO Member
    the wanabe wize guy getting ready for a run at the prez office next time

It sounds like he is talking out of both faces:

Face One says:

The governor said he would push to expand the type of firearms that those convicted of domestic violence must surrender. Existing law covers handguns, but Cuomo wants it to include rifles and shotguns as well.
    That part is pretty much covered by Federal Law with that ex-post-facto Lautenberg amendment, with even a misdemeanor conviction the rights are gone forever. It is up to the States on how to implement it.

Now his other face says:
    His proposal would also require judges to mandate the surrender of all firearms, including rifles and shotguns, when they issue an order of protection in domestic violence cases.
    But we want to take this a step further and strip an individual of rights without that pesky conviction thing getting in the way. Regardless of what it says in that pesky "due process of law" thing in the 14th amendment.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    They should start with Cuomo,I betcha he has a firearm and has abused someone!(like the state of NY!).

MGO Member
    What about foreign abusers