Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

New Member From Arizona-Michigan Dreaded Trunk Slammer Summer Resident

Hi all.

Born and raised in Arizona. Dad was from AZ Mom was from MI. I was primarily raised in AZ, but when mom and dad split I spent summers up here until I went to high school outside of Flint, then on to UofM. I moved back to AZ, had a 30 year career as a police officer. I came back 6 years ago for my 25th high school reunion, then two years ago to settle my mom's estate and decided to sell her home in Davison but keep her cottage in Tawas. So, now I am one of those stinkin retirees who live here part time.

I have been a competitive shooter for over 25 years. I shoot USPSA, IDPA, 3 Gun, and SWAT with my sons (29, 26) who are both cops in Arizona, and my 13 year old daughter who is also an enthusiastic shooter. I build 1911s, ARs, and like everybody else and their brother, am a Glock armorer.

I spent my first full summer up here with my daughter slaying the elusive lake perch, and hitting some of the bass water around northern MI. My wife is an MD in AZ, and finally got to spend 3 weeks up here this summer too and she is in love with Frankenmuth and Bronner's.

Now I fill my time writing books (3 novels so far), articles for shooting related magazines and blogs, and I teach defensive shooting at several schools in AZ.

Before anyone asks: Yes, I am a dyed in the wool Tigers fan. I don't follow football or basketball, and Bob Seger has a prominent place on my ipod along with GFRR and Alice Cooper.

I am also old enough to remember horseback riding at Sherwood Forest, skipping school at Richfield Park, and concerts at Atwood Stadium.

Angelo's is my favorite, Gillie's in a pinch, Whitey's for fish, and Starlight for late night burgers.

Greetings from Imlay City "Gateway to the Thumb",

Home of Vlasic Pickle.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Howdy.

Yep, I am familiar with IC. A friend of mine was from Capac. We would go out there on weekends occasionally when I lived in MI in the 80s.

Roundballer? Are you a charcoal burner shooter?

Welcome to the MGO Forums.
    "Tell Me No Lies, I'll ask you No Questions"

NRA Life Member
    MGO Member

NRA RSO

NRA CRSO
    MOC Member

Unless otherwise noted, my posts represent my personal opinion, and are not an official position, opinion, or endorsement by MGO or the MGO BOD.

to MGO discussion forums and Marketplace from near the heart of the Thumb but soon to be a St. Clair County river rat.
    Formerly Known As RevDerb since 2008 with 9,457 posts.
    VietNam era vet (USN - CTT2, USNR - CTT3), NRA Life Member, NRA Certified RSO, SAF, GOA.
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
    http://revderb.blogspot.com John 5:24 <><

MGO Member
    Welcome.

Tawas is a ghost time in the winter anyways.

Decent laker and perch fishing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco_AZMI View Post
    Howdy.

Yep, I am familiar with IC. A friend of mine was from Capac. We would go out there on weekends occasionally when I lived in MI in the 80s.

Roundballer? Are you a charcoal burner shooter?
    Yep, a pure traditionalist. I have knapped many a flint and rammed many a charge, and cast many ball for the purpose.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledhead View Post
    Welcome.

Tawas is a ghost time in the winter anyways.

Decent laker and perch fishing though.
    Yeah, I know. Winterize the cottage, come back in April...LOL

I am buying a new boat this spring. I am thinking about an AlumaCraft 20. I ran my grandpa's 62 Steury 17 footer with a 45 Evinrude Lark on it last summer, it barely gets out of its own way.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    Yep, a pure traditionalist. I have knapped many a flint and rammed many a charge, and cast many ball for the purpose.
    I have picked up a few charcoal burners over the years. I have never fired any of them except a CVA Hawken 50 that I used for BP season a couple of times...they were mostly picked up on a whim here and there, but now that I am retired I am going to get them out and make friends with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco_AZMI View Post
    I have picked up a few charcoal burners over the years. I have never fired any of them except a CVA Hawken 50 that I used for BP season a couple of times...they were mostly picked up on a whim here and there, but now that I am retired I am going to get them out and make friends with them.
    Just to let you know. Most traditionalist have an opinion that there is a proper place for a "nipple". And it ain't on a MANS' gun!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast