Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    MGO LIFE Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    What does "most tactically proven" mean anyways?
    The 1911 was initially introduced into military services as a military design looking to create a very early version of how we are currently familiar with how interchangeable ar15 parts are. The military wanted the 1911 parts to be interchangeable regardless of manufacture. I believe they took parts from every manufacturer entering bid as a test randomized them all in a bucket, assembled them all in whatever random configuration of different manufacturer parts and fired them all. I believe several of those manufacturers tried to claim the copyright (if copyright is the correct term) on the 1911 design but they were all denied due to it originally being a military design.

Until recently the 1911 was predominantly used in us military service, however during that vague “recently” timeframe many of your non special task/force units changed over to various 9mm (Baretta, Taurus, etc, I believe I had a Taurus variant) due to 9mm being the NATO standard for that platform. So trying to keep the long story short, being still currently in service it is one of the most longest service lifespans for a firearm in the military, thus “most tactically proven statement” regardless of their claim to the design or how many are still actively in service.

Edit: also regardless of how tactically sound the caliber is, or magazine capacity etc etc etc I’m not trying to argue its better than other firearms but that it has had a really long service span in military and still not completely retired, even if it might be on the way out.

I am a Forum User
    Bad as it is, grammatically, that is one of the best posts I've seen in a while.
    Green stamps!

Joe

As John Moses Browning spins in his grave for the slight to his designs!

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Just another marketing lie from Springfield for the ill informed...Like when they use Washington's name to suggest that they're "that" Springfield Armory, despite having ZERO relations to the original US owned armory that Washington approved.

About Springfield Armory®
    “The First Name in American Firearms,” Springfield Armory® was founded in 1777, when George Washington ordered the creation of an armory to store ammunition and gun carriages during the American Revolution....
    Of course, that is 100% FALSE! Springfield Armory and the US' Springfield armory share similar names, that is where the relationship ends!

So ya, "most tactically proven"=typical Springfield marketing lies.
    Last edited by Cocowheats; 12-15-2017 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocowheats View Post
    Just another marketing lie from Springfield for the ill informed...Like when they use Washington's name to suggest that they're "that" Springfield Armory, despite having ZERO relations to the original US owned armory that Washington approved.

Of course, that is 100% FALSE! Springfield Armory and the US' Springfield armory share similar names, that is where the relationship ends!

They bought the rights to the name. Its the same name. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Springfield_Armory

Not saying its not alluding to sound like its the original SA.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocowheats View Post

I knew the answer and you are correct. It's all BS.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    They bought the rights to the name. Its the same name. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Springfield_Armory

Not saying its not alluding to sound like its the original SA.
    I'm not sure if that article is correct. I don't know if the govt can license names. I think that it's in the public domain. Just like we also have Rock Island Armory, SOCOM rifles, SOG knives, etc, etc.
    Last edited by JohnS624; 12-16-2017 at 04:11 PM.

I am a Forum User
    The same thing as “perfection” and “no compromise”

I knew the answer and you are correct. It's all BS.
    I knew you knew, but did you know I knew???

Just messing with ya...

MGO Member
    Where is it made in Brazil ?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast