Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    I think it is wise to have a gun handy for use if needed in your home. I don't think anyone denies that. My problem is leaving a bunch of guns, or all of your guns out. Yes safes works if bolted down. Why would you not invest in a good safe to keep your valuables in? Cash, stocks, baseball cards, jewelry should all be locked away. The guys saying how easy a safe is to get into have been watching the internet too much. Most thefts occur during the day. Most criminals are in the home less than 10 mins. They rarely go after safes unless they can carry it out. Most criminals will tip your safe over if they find it just to destroy the contents. A safe is a great investment. Please forward any media reports of safes getting cracked. Their are some to be sure, but they are a miniscule part of the total home invasions. Most safe jobs are inside jobs where they know someone has a hoard of cash or other valuables and they have time to work on the safe, Very Very rare.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by pips View Post
    I think it is wise to have a gun handy for use if needed in your home. I don't think anyone denies that. My problem is leaving a bunch of guns, or all of your guns out. Yes safes works if bolted down. Why would you not invest in a good safe to keep your valuables in? Cash, stocks, baseball cards, jewelry should all be locked away. The guys saying how easy a safe is to get into have been watching the internet too much. Most thefts occur during the day. Most criminals are in the home less than 10 mins. They rarely go after safes unless they can carry it out. Most criminals will tip your safe over if they find it just to destroy the contents. A safe is a great investment. Please forward any media reports of safes getting cracked. Their are some to be sure, but they are a miniscule part of the total home invasions. Most safe jobs are inside jobs where they know someone has a hoard of cash or other valuables and they have time to work on the safe, Very Very rare.
    Why would you live someplace where you had to lock everything up?

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by matt11 View Post
    With this thought process I would think it would be best if you didn't own a gun, there in not a safe that cant be broken into, or if you did find one, someone could rob you and force you to open the safe so they could get your guns ( you should not have any that are not locked up at anytime incase it happens to get into the wrong hands) This would be the only way to eliminate the risk.

I am now thinking I should get rid of my cars, they could be stolen and someone could get killed in an accident.

Why are we blaming the victim?
    The ONLY victims are the ones getting shot by stolen firearms.

Next time your out leave the keys in your vehicle with it running and when it gets stolen tell the cop it wasn't your fault because afterall the thief had no right to take it, the cops will SURELY side with you

Make sure your insurance agent knows that too because it helps with the claim...

And while your at it leave your guns on the front seat too and see how that turns out when a thief snags them

I'm sure the cop will give you that attaboy and shake your hand and even invite you to the next city council meeting for an awards ceremony cause you done good and did nothing wrong.....

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by BPS View Post
    The ONLY victims are the ones getting shot by stolen firearms. with this logic, no one should be allowed to own guns.

Next time your out leave the keys in your vehicle with it running and when it gets stolen tell the cop it wasn't your fault because afterall the thief had no right to take it, the cops will SURELY side with you My cars do not have keys, so they can only go a limited distance without the fob that I keep in my pocket, and by your logic, if that fob was taken from me I would not be a victim of a crime.

Make sure your insurance agent knows that too because it helps with the claim... I do not have an insurance agent, I have never had aproblem with a claim, but my cars a insured through the leasing company .

And while your at it leave your guns on the front seat too and see how that turns out when a thief snags them this is just stupid.

I'm sure the cop will give you that attaboy and shake your hand and even invite you to the next city council meeting for an awards ceremony cause you done good and did nothing wrong.....
    I was about to agree with some of your comments, but this post digressed beyond that.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by pips View Post
    So why a safe then? Why not a very well hidden compartment? Why not a hardened closet with a steal door, deadbolt, and reinforced frame and hinges? If we're talking 10 minutes and no effort to get into hardened areas, why would you spend the money?

And you cannot honestly believe storing money in a $500 RSC "gun safe" is a good idea. You know the flash point of paper is like 450 degrees right? So you get nothing more than the "security" factor from it... which you could easily get by installing a fake cold-air return, or stuffing it in the crock pot that is never used anymore in the back of the cabinet.

I mean seriously- most arguments in support of "gun safes" are also reasons not to bother with them, or to go in a different direction.

I am a Forum User
    Can someone please explain how this thread has anything to with a stolen firearm to be on the lookout for? Looks to me like a rant, troll, or opinion... IM(O). Poor mediation! This threat should be moved elsewhere otherwise Im gonna post a pistol for sale in the MGO announcements sub. ULTIMATUM FACE SLAP

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler79durdan View Post
    Can someone please explain how this thread has anything to with a stolen firearm to be on the lookout for? Looks to me like a rant, troll, or opinion... IM(O). Poor mediation! This threat should be moved elsewhere otherwise Im gonna post a pistol for sale in the MGO announcements sub. ULTIMATUM FACE SLAP

Totally agree!

To all MGO'ers!!!... NOW HEAR THIS!!!!

A THREAD WAS OPENED IN A SUB-FORUM THAT WASN'T 100% CORRECT FOR IT'S TOPIC CONTENT. THIS IS A FIRST HERE, AND A SHOCK TO MANY, I KNOW. THOSE WHO ARE STRUGGLING WITH THIS AGGREGIOUS ERROR, PLEASE PM ME FOR INFORMATION ON THE GROUP THAT WILL BE FORMING TO COUNSEL THOSE WHO ARE DEALING WITH THIS TRAUMA.

Quote Originally Posted by Musta Demoni View Post

Totally agree!

To all MGO'ers!!!... NOW HEAR THIS!!!!

A THREAD WAS OPENED IN A SUB-FORUM THAT WASN'T 100% CORRECT FOR IT'S TOPIC CONTENT. THIS IS A FIRST HERE, AND A SHOCK TO MANY, I KNOW. THOSE WHO ARE STRUGGLING WITH THIS AGGREGIOUS ERROR, PLEASE PM ME FOR INFORMATION ON THE GROUP THAT WILL BE FORMING TO COUNSEL THOSE WHO ARE DEALING WITH THIS TRAUMA.
    Definitely needs a focus group!

Name:  red jacket.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  35.6 KB

Perfect storm. The guns are in the right place at the right time.

I don’t think it’s unusual for someone to leave a gun outside of the safe in the home as long as there are no minors present. Leaving it in the car unsecured? Whether it’s right or wrong, I don’t know. But I personally think it’s a bad idea.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Slossar1004 View Post
    Perfect storm. The guns are in the right place at the right time.

I don’t think it’s unusual for someone to leave a gun outside of the safe in the home as long as there are no minors present. Leaving it in the car unsecured? Whether it’s right or wrong, I don’t know. But I personally think it’s a bad idea.
    We passed a LAW a long time ago against taking things that don't belong to you.
    Works as good as the one against killing people.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast