Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User

How do these guns get stolen?

Edit: Forgot this was still around from a year ago since I haven't been on here much. Sucks to see some new guns getting posted on here by different members every couple of months. Keeping the thread around so people can keep discussing it if they want, and some of the original content and opinions are floating around below as well.

Good to see the discussion. I removed some of the original content because it was a bit short sighted and you guys have done a good job at changing my opinion around a bit about securing firearms on/in your property. Carry on, MGO.
    Last edited by Iamero; 12-06-2018 at 02:16 PM.

MGO Member
    Why do adults need to keep their guns put away in a safe? Every time they leave the house they need to put them in the safe? I have kids so mine are out or reach and yes, in the safe. But for the most part, if you don't have kids running through your home. You can keep them out in the open. It's against the law to B&E, so the contents of what they take isn't the point, they are breaking the law the moment they breach the property.

How do Rolex's get stolen? PS4's, Laptops..........

I am a Forum User
    Yeah I don't get why you wouldn't feel bad for someone who's property was broken into and stolen. Sounds alot like sympathizing with criminals. I mean I guess they gotta buy clothes and shoes for school and all but burglary is kinda illegal.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

I have no kids, and my wife and I host very few visitors. most of the visitors we have are familiar with guns and wouldn't mess with them even if they found them. when untrained kids show up, things get put away.
    I have a few that live outside of the safe because there's no reason for me to not have a few guns "in use". can't unload/make safe/lock all of them up every time i go out on a milk and bread run.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Your PS4 won't be used in a crime (unless you consider selling stolen property) or kill someone on the street if it gets stolen...there's a reason you have to be more responsible with a firearm than a PlayStation. There's a reason you have a background check for a firearm, but not a PS4.

Saying I sympathize with criminals is quite a far stretch. I'm just saying that the easier you make it for a criminal to steal a gun, the less bad I feel for you leaving it in a position where it could be stolen. It sucks for anyone who gets their property stolen, and I hate thieves. I just don't find it that hard to lock up the guns every time I leave the house. It takes less than 5 minutes to put them in the safe and lock it up.

MGO Member
    If someone was to do a home invasion, there's no chance in heck I'm gonna make it to the safe in time to get one out. You may be thinking a young/healthy 20 year old running to the safe, what about Grandma/Grandpa who have bad knees and it takes 2-3 minutes to get up out of a chair. Your giving the criminals too much undeserved credit/sympathy here. Guns are bad, cars are bad in the wrong hands, knives are bad...........

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamero View Post
    Your PS4 won't be used in a crime (unless you consider selling stolen property) or kill someone on the street if it gets stolen...there's a reason you have to be more responsible with a firearm than a PlayStation. There's a reason you have a background check for a firearm, but not a PS4.

Saying I sympathize with criminals is quite a far stretch. I'm just saying that the easier you make it for a criminal to steal a gun, the less bad I feel for you leaving it in a position where it could be stolen. It sucks for anyone who gets their property stolen, and I hate thieves. I just don't find it that hard to lock up the guns every time I leave the house. It takes less than 5 minutes to put them in the safe and lock it up.
    Again, why should I have to secure MY property in MY home that I have given no access to anyone but myself?

Stay out of my home and there wouldn't be any stolen property.

God I hate victim blaming. "That damn girl shoulda never wore that dress and she wouldn't have been raped". Such a stupid argument.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamero View Post
    I always wondered that with all these stolen guns. I get if they bust your window in your car when you’re out and about, but if you keep a gun in your car overnight and they bust the window and steal it, I don’t feel too bad for you.

But the ones stolen from homes, are these just laying around or in like 15lb stack on safes? My safe alone is 650lbs so unless they are torching that sucker open, they aren’t walking away with it.

Get a couple dogs, and that’s just another layer of protection haha.

I more posted this not to criticize others, but to keep myself and my firearms protected. I want to know if I’m not thinking of something that makes them more vulnerable than anticiped.

I get what happens with mail carrier and porch theft, that just pisses me off.

Your 650lb "safe", is frankly... not worth much. My cordless angle grinder with a cut-off wheel would prob have me in that sucker, in 10-15min tops, using one battery. Unless you have effectively blocked access to the top, back, and both sides... and bolted it down as well. Don't make too many assumptions.

MGO Member
    Eastpointe (formerly known as East Detroit)
    "How do these guns get stolen?", simple...thieves. They can be resourceful, and tend to learn from each other and their mistakes.

Having a safe doesn't make you exempt from thievery. Banks, gun shops, etc. routinely have their safes broken into...and I'll bet their safes are better than yours.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock2340ACP View Post
    If someone was to do a home invasion, there's no chance in heck I'm gonna make it to the safe in time to get one out. You may be thinking a young/healthy 20 year old running to the safe, what about Grandma/Grandpa who have bad knees and it takes 2-3 minutes to get up out of a chair. Your giving the criminals too much undeserved credit/sympathy here. Guns are bad, cars are bad in the wrong hands, knives are bad...........
    Your clueless.
    you wear your sidearm on you at all times and you take it seriously who’s being responsible.
    You don’t buckle your seat belt when you know an accidents about to happen you buckle it before you drive so in the event of an accident it’s on and prepared to do its job, same with a sidearm.
    You need to learn to take firearm ownership seriously and be responsible with them, your prior posts in this thread lead me to believe your neither.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast