Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Advertise With MGO

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock2340ACP View Post
    If someone was to do a home invasion, there's no chance in heck I'm gonna make it to the safe in time to get one out. You may be thinking a young/healthy 20 year old running to the safe, what about Grandma/Grandpa who have bad knees and it takes 2-3 minutes to get up out of a chair. Your giving the criminals too much undeserved credit/sympathy here. Guns are bad, cars are bad in the wrong hands, knives are bad...........
    if you keep one handgun on your person at all times, you don't need to run and unlock your safe to get a gun if there is a home invasion in progress while you are home.

Unless the gun is with you at all times, there is always a chance that the home invasion might occur while you are not sitting/standing next to where you've stashed your guns. And if they find and grab your gun before you do, you are screwed.

Criminals are way more resourceful than many people give them credit. If you experience a home invasion while you are not at home and your guns are not locked up, they will find and steal every gun you've stashed around the house.

Yes, a gun safe is not an impenetrable Fort Knox and given enough time they can be broken into. But they do slow down the criminal's ability to do a grab 'n run.

A monitored burglar alarm also help to reduce your chances of being the victim of a home invasion, as long as you use it.
    Last edited by RayMich; 04-30-2018 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 50 BMG View Post
    No, not necessarily...
    The gun that you leave unlocked for use in the house or wherever you live would be the same thing as the gun I am forced to leave in my car when I have to go into a ridiculous gun free zone. That is a similar "unavoidable" circumstance because I do think you SHOULD have a gun available for use in the home.
    Should that gun be locked up when you leave the house if it is not your daily carry gun (like mine in house gun is)? Probably...
    The point I was trying to make was this; having one defensive gun stolen from a home,car, etc... is not like losing a dozen or more guns that are left unlocked in a home when you leave and they are also not hidden very well (the back of the closet or under a bed is not a hiding place).

I know guys who do not even own a gun safe and they own dozens of firearms! But, where they keep their guns hidden would not be found without 1). the thief knowing exactly where they are (and they are in multiple locations throughout the house) Or, 2). they used a wrecking bar and a sledge hammer to just start tearing down everything in the house. Almost 100% of thieves are not going to demolish walls/ceilings/furniture of a house looking for money, guns, or anything valuable... They may flip stuff over and dump drawers, but anything else takes too much time for most residential locations.
    Now, if you live in the country and 100's of yards or even MILES away from anyone, and you leave town for a period of time and the criminal somehow knows that fact, they may spend a week in your house dismantling everything. At the point, even a "good" gun safe will probably be compromised...

Do you leave big wads of money, valuable jewelry, gold bars/coins, etc... in an underwear drawer when you leave the house, especially for extended vacations?
    I see your point. No I don't, but I was stupid once and did learn the hard way. My home break-in happened in 2011 and I thought the locked house was deterrent enough. Not all guns were in the vault for whatever reason, mostly just being lazy. The amount of destruction just to get in was crazy. I'm now alarmed, with a bigger, tougher vault, and EVERYTHING now goes in the vault if I'm gone overnight or longer, guns, watches, checkbook, laptop, and all important papers and records. I don't keep my guns out of the vault anyway, except my carry gun. My home defense shotgun was great, until it was stolen while I wasn't there to use it...
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”

Quote Originally Posted by TylerV76 View Post
    Again, why should I have to secure MY property in MY home that I have given no access to anyone but myself?

Stay out of my home and there wouldn't be any stolen property.

God I hate victim blaming. "That damn girl shoulda never wore that dress and she wouldn't have been raped". Such a stupid argument.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    you confuse what is 'right' with what is reality. Sorry life isn't fair with they 'why should i have to..".

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpkimmel83 View Post
    you confuse what is 'right' with what is reality. Sorry life isn't fair with they 'why should i have to..".
    Reality is, breaking into someones home is an illegal act. Im not confused at all by that.

Quote Originally Posted by RayMich View Post
    if you keep one handgun on your person at all times, you don't need to run and unlock your safe to get a gun if there is a home invasion in progress while you are home.

Unless the gun is with you at all times, there is always a chance that the home invasion might occur while you are not sitting/standing next to where you've stashed your guns. And if they find and grab your gun before you do, you are screwed.

Criminals are way more resourceful than many people give them credit. If you experience a home invasion while you are not at home and your guns are not locked up, they will find and steal every gun you've stashed around the house.

Yes, a gun safe is not an impenetrable Fort Knox and given enough time they can be broken into. But they do slow down the criminal's ability to do a grab 'n run.

A monitored burglar alarm also help to reduce your chances of being the victim of a home invasion, as long as you use it.
    Well said RayMich:
    A pistol on your nightstand in your bedroom does little good when you are watching TV in the living room and someone kicks in your door. A home invasion is a pretty brazen attack with very bad intent. Anything other than a carried or stashed pistol nearby will be of little help, as they know they have the drop on you. A burglary while you are gone is more of a crime of opportunity, and much less violent. When my house was robbed, I wish I was home, with my home defense shotgun that was stored behind my bedroom door. Sadly, that gun is gone now, as are four others that I did not lock up immediately upon returning from a trip up north. Most were safely in my vault, thankfully. The punks did find all the guns that were not locked up.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by BPS View Post
    And therein lies the problem just because you think it's legal does NOT make you responsible, your far from it along with anyone else who thinks along those lines.

People like yourself are the reason our lawmakers enacted laws holding irresponsible gun owning parents responsible when their kids get a hold of guns.

Part of gun ownership is being responsible for them and not having the attitude of so what if my guns get stolen and they kill an innocent who cares, not my problem. When in reality it is.

If you can afford guns and ammo you can afford what it takes to secure them properly.

The days of stashing them in a closet or between the mattresses or behind the door are long gone and have been for years now.

Responsible gun owners do their damnest to keep them out of bad hands and the irresponsible ones could care less will never understand it and make every owner look bad.

Congrats your my first post on this forum.

U made plenty of other silly comments I could reply to directly such as the only victims in a home invasion where guns are stolen are those shot by the bad guy with the stolen gun but this one really stood out to me.

I wont disagree with u that most of our firearms should be kept in a safe or similar construct. HOWEVER with your logic u keep laying out u are also blaming those who are robbed that have said safe. What really is annoying though is u state that TylerV76

is a bad gun owner with bad judgment simply for stating the OBVIOUS. Home invasion and subsequent murder with stolen firearm is ILLEGAL. Yet somehow u blame the gun owner who was robbed, not the law breaker who is breaking societal norm and the contract we all sign as citizens of the united states when we all follow the same laws.

The worst part though is then u blame people like TylerV76 for causing as u say "People like yourself are the reason our lawmakers enacted laws holding irresponsible gun owning parents responsible when their kids get a hold of guns". He clearly states he is single and if there kids the guns would be put away. Also from your other comments its clear u think people like TylerV76 are the reason lawmakers make other gun laws that are illegal.

I argue that gun owners like u that blame the rest of us for things outside of our control is the reason these laws are in place. Obviously if kids or roommates live with u then the guns will all be put away. However as an American we have the right to own firearms and also have the right to store those firearms as we see fit. In the end the Criminal is always the initiator and your victim blaming does nothing but cut a rift amongst gun owners that anti gunners use against us.

If a elderly woman owns a hi point is she going to but a 200 fingerprint safe? Does she need 2 large dogs? Cameras that cost her months worth of SS? U turned this thread into a sideshow and over a year later I enjoy calling u out.

Good day.

Quote Originally Posted by BPS View Post
    And therein lies the problem just because you think it's legal does NOT make you responsible, your far from it along with anyone else who thinks along those lines.

People like yourself are the reason our lawmakers enacted laws holding irresponsible gun owning parents responsible when their kids get a hold of guns.

Part of gun ownership is being responsible for them and not having the attitude of so what if my guns get stolen and they kill an innocent who cares, not my problem. When in reality it is.

If you can afford guns and ammo you can afford what it takes to secure them properly.

The days of stashing them in a closet or between the mattresses or behind the door are long gone and have been for years now.

Responsible gun owners do their damnest to keep them out of bad hands and the irresponsible ones could care less will never understand it and make every owner look bad.
    lawmakers making anti gun laws, want to take all your guns away and melt them down and push them into a volcano and make a speciticle of it.

Its alll slow creep on our rights.

Look at how they deal with crime, with repeat offenders, with murderers, the big cities do not care.

With respect to what you do, they care more about a working stiff making a small error, than a criminal with 50-100 offenses.

Its all long term racial, and politcal.

Nothing you can do, will make them like you.

Nothing you can do is good enough.

Where we are at right now, you can do everything by the book, and if the guy is black and you do not let him kick your ass with the gun kept in your pocket, if it goes down on camera, your rights and the law, are NOT the law anymore.

Its all public opinion.

Your life is basically over.

You are suggesting safes matter.

LOL

No one person can mak everyone that owns guns look bad.

Do you do that do car drivers, can one driver make everyone look bad?

One boater?

One teacher ?

How about the above guy with so many chances, do you think that same public and dem leaders this one guy makes all guys not deserve a second chance?

Nope. None of these ideas apply to anything else.

Its a special set of rules.

Lamero, tell me: Have you ever been burgled ? Ever been mugged ? Ever been beat up "for fun" by a bunch of pranksters ? Do you have any enemies ? Has anyone ever slashed any of your car tires ? Has anyone broken the window of your car to steal a factory car stereo that requires a special tool to remove ? Has one of your cars ever been stolen by a gang that steals cars to order ?

I'm just trying to get a feeling for what kind of a life you have lived and how safe and invincible you feel ? Because I discern a little lack of practical experience in your writing....

I am a Forum User
    1000000% it’s our homes and I don’t care if someone is breaking in to feed their family. A dieing family member. Money to pay there rent. There is no reason to steel!!!!!! It’s my home I work and I work hard to pay for things like food. So I agree our govt gives enough free money away to people who use it to buy a new ps5 or benz and not food. My family comes first over toys. Over the better car , those are luxuries we work hard for. I’m sorry if you can rob a house you can work. I’m not going to bed without a gun near my bedside. I have a safe and a room that has a reinforced door. As well as adt and Comcast cameras. That’s sad we need all that to protect our homes. I have zero feelings for animals who rob people. It’s the same as the “protest” that the apple store had 1.7 million in iPhones and iPads stolen from from looters. What’s that have to do with “protesting”. It’s sad we have to worry about our homes , our cars , our mail. Why would I even give a 💩 about someone’s situation. Especially now everyone who wants a job could have one. Micky d is almost 17$ a hour. I’m sorry for misspells, it just hit a nerve . Some people lost items that are irreplaceable. And I guarantee some skell junky who steels a original colt python has no idea what’s it worth. And going to sell it for food yeah I’m sure probably traded for a few bags of junk. Stealing is wrong , white. Black , green yellow no one deserves to be robbed. And there is no reason for anyone to steal.idc if your hungry you don’t rob people to cut corners in life. Work work work

I am a Forum User
    I could care less about a theif, there is no reason to steel. Don’t put the blame on gun owners. The blame is the dirtbag doing it. We all have families and have needs we work. If you can rob you can work.
    They rob because they useless lazy skells of society who want what we worked hard for without the working part.
    And I don’t care your family is hungry, We pay taxes for all these programs to give free housing. Free food. But it’s not used on what they need it’s used on a new benz, and they steal. It’s like these people who make statements like well he left his window open a little. Ok that’s not a pass to rob. Unreal feeling bad for anyone that has the low life gutter garbage of a person to rob our home. Yea I had a big dog up until last week he passed. And cameras. It’s that same thing people wanting things and not earning them. It’s the the sad story of making criminals angels once they die, or get sentenced to a good jolt.
    But why don’t people who feel bad for because they can’t buy food but they have a Escalade. People get all this free money and programs we pay for. Have arrest records 3 miles long . It should be like trump wanted you get 2 felonies for drugs, theft etc. you loose your welfare , or your section 8. Housing. After “Covid” jobs are everywhere. My son is 20 and goes to uofm, and on his way to Nyu for a semester. He is a good kid and I promised him school comes first don’t worry about working if it’s going to cause any issues. Smart kid just took a job (i won’t say ware) but a type of job that they need help so bad he got a 800$ signing bonus and he told the owner he was going to have to leave before the year. And that was the deal
    To get the 800$ the owner still gave it to him.
    He is loving it making good money. He was able to get 2 of his friends jobs. I’m proud of him because he didn’t need to but he he did. So jobs is no longer a excuse. Some guy who protects his family goes to jail for life. But the jerkoff who breaks in steals your gun and shoots a old lady gets 7 years. Tired of all this PC let’s all get along. Going to blame the home owners for owning nice things . So maybe I should leave the windows and keys in my raptor so someone who needs a car can take mine

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast