Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MGO Member

Shooting Possibilities Near Grand Rapids

I might be relocating to the Grand Rapids area and wonder about places to shoot. I don't do any competitive shooting, mainly test shooting for reloading and maybe light plinking.
    No 50 rounds/minute military exercises for me - I might shoot only 20-30 rounds in an outing.

Is everything down that way private clubs or commercial? It would be great to find a gravel or sand pit with shooting privileges, but those days seem to be passing quickly.

Look forward to your responses. Thanks.

Banned
    https://www.migunowners.org/forum/sh...outdoor-ranges

I may have owned post #11 at one time

Quote Originally Posted by TheBackForty View Post
    I might be relocating to the Grand Rapids area and wonder about places to shoot. I don't do any competitive shooting, mainly test shooting for reloading and maybe light plinking.
    No 50 rounds/minute military exercises for me - I might shoot only 20-30 rounds in an outing.

Is everything down that way private clubs or commercial? It would be great to find a gravel or sand pit with shooting privileges, but those days seem to be passing quickly.

Look forward to your responses. Thanks.
    South Kent Sportsmans Club in Dorr is very nice. 500m range, 20+ private bays, 200yd rifle & 100yd rimfire ranges. I am a RSO there for the 500m range. Been a member about 3 years. 100$ a year if do a work day, 140$ if you don't.

Clubs in Caledonia, Sparta, Ada, DNR Range in Allegan, - lot's of places.
    Last edited by Mkc451; 12-20-2017 at 11:17 PM.

Banned
    Caledonia sportmans club is awesome

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by I1I1I11II View Post
    Caledonia sportmans club is awesome
    I agree it is also open to the public $12 shoot all you want. They have a nice 25 to 150 yard with nice benches and have pistol bays with steel setup.

MGO Member
    Thanks for helpful responses.

There is a public shooting range in yankee springs as well. very basic ( field and pile of dirt) can get 100yards. just stay away from it the weeks leading to gun hunting opener.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by eddy16 View Post
    There is a public shooting range in yankee springs as well. very basic ( field and pile of dirt) can get 100yards. just stay away from it the weeks leading to gun hunting opener.
    I quit going there about 7-8 yrs ago. Tired of getting swept by muzzles and other jackassery. I'm surprised the DNR didn't shut it down due to safety concerns, the pile of garbage that people brought out to shoot up and left behind. The posts to hang your targets on would get cut down almost as soon as they were replaced.

I am a Forum User
    At South Kent it's $150 for the 1st year. $140 per every year after which drops to $100 if you put in a minimum 4hrs work (signed off by board member/club manager). Member applicants must attend an orientation class with a pass/fail test and have 1 sponsor AND 1 endorser.

All ranges are open to members and their guests from 9am-dusk except for the 500m (open when RO on duty).

SKSC.ORG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast