Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Thread: Mobil 28

MGO Member

Mobil 28

I am one not to clean my guns very often. Once a year is about it, around 1500 rds. in both my Ruger 44 mag. pistols and the same with my 1894 Marlin 44 mag. I do run a bore snake in the bores and a light lube of Mobil 1 oil after each match. I am a cowboy action shooter and shoot all lead bullets. I was using Brian Enos slide glide grease. It worked good but was expensive. I started doing some research and found Mobil 28 grease. This grease is made for the military for weapons, nuclear reactors and just about anything that moves. The grease is a little thinner than Enos grease, and I was concerned it would not stay where is was supposed to..I was wrong. I took apart my guns last year in November after the outdoor season was finished, I cleaned them an applied Mobil 28 to all moving parts. This year when I went to clean the guns, the grease was where I put it and I could have cleaned all the parts with a rag, without scrubbing etc. I would recommend this product. You can get a small tube from E-bay to give it a try. I also lubed my 1911, AR-15, and my Winchester 1897 shotgun.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by denniscoon@aol.c View Post
    I am one not to clean my guns very often. Once a year is about it, around 1500 rds. in both my Ruger 44 mag. pistols and the same with my 1894 Marlin 44 mag. I do run a bore snake in the bores and a light lube of Mobil 1 oil after each match. I am a cowboy action shooter and shoot all lead bullets. I was using Brian Enos slide glide grease. It worked good but was expensive. I started doing some research and found Mobil 28 grease. This grease is made for the military for weapons, nuclear reactors and just about anything that moves. The grease is a little thinner than Enos grease, and I was concerned it would not stay where is was supposed to..I was wrong. I took apart my guns last year in November after the outdoor season was finished, I cleaned them an applied Mobil 28 to all moving parts. This year when I went to clean the guns, the grease was where I put it and I could have cleaned all the parts with a rag, without scrubbing etc. I would recommend this product. You can get a small tube from E-bay to give it a try. I also lubed my 1911, AR-15, and my Winchester 1897 shotgun.
    Interesting. I normally use MIL-COMM TW25B which is a white grease. From what I have seen, Mobil-28 is red, is that correct?

MGO Member
    Yes Mobil 28 is red.

Yes to the Mobil.
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

MGO Member
    Good to know. I have tubes of the stuff at work for our airplanes.