Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Bushnell TRS-25 Question

I just bought a TRS-25 and have read a bunch about the emitter position. The complaint that I read was that the newer model had the emitter at the 6 o'clock position which created an issue with co-witnessing. The older model had the emitter at the 4 o'clock position and did not have this issue.

When I looked at the one I just received the emitter was halfway between the elevation knob 12 (o'clock) and windage (3 o'clock) so call it the 1:30 position. I had also read that there were a lot of fake trs-25s floating around. I checked for all of the telltale signs but this appears to be a legitimate trs-25. I looked at the packaging as well and if this is a fake then it is a really good one.

The question I have is has anyone else heard of the emitter being at the 1:30 position? I did a pretty good search and could not find a mention.

Thanks in advance.

I am a Forum User
    Interesting question. I bought up a second old style gold lettering with the emitter in the lower right-hand corner what a new in the box one turned up a little while ago. I avoided the ones with silver lettering and emitter on the bottom like the plague because of more issues than just Co witnessing. I'm wondering if they've redone them again. Looking forward to seeing other comments. There's been some really good sales on them lately, and I wouldn't mind getting another one. I'm a little leery of what I would end up getting.

I had one about 18 months ago that self destructed on the 2nd range trip. I returned it for a refund as they were out of stock. I bought a replacement a few months later and it has a problem with losing the dot in the upper part of the scope. I called Bushnell and they said they have them made in China to a price point so what ever company gives them the best bid, that's where they are produced. They don't care where the emitter is located as long as the price is the lowest. I complained about losing the dot and they were well aware of the problem but say that's ok as long as the production price is low. They sell a lot of them so they don't care as long as they sell. I just learned to live with it but my other rifles have Vortex Sparc AR dots.

MGO Member
    I have 2 of the TRS-25s. One is 2 years old and the other is 1 year old. Both have white lettering and the emitter at the 4 o'clock position. I can't imagine anyone bothering to fake one of these but you never know. FWIW my 2 yo model has noticeable blue tint but no magnification or fisheye effect. The newer 1 yo model has no tint but some slight magnification and fisheye effect. Point being Bushnell does appear to either be making design changes or as noted above buying from various contract manufacturers which might explain why yours is different. I still think the Bushnell compares well to the Primary Arms Advanced Micro I just got. The PA is twice the price and you see reflective glare off the emitter body in some lighting conditions which is annoying. Only win would be the 50k hour battery life.