Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

MGO Member

P.O.F. drop in trigger

I just got the single stage 4.5lb drop in trigger and installed it into my 50 Beowulf build. Holy hell that thing feels way less than 4.5lbs. To me it feels like the second stage on the Giessele G2S. I need to take it out now and see how it shoots.

Most of my AR triggers are ALG ACT triggers. They have worked pretty good for the price of $60. However, if I can find another POF trigger for $100 if I build another AR I would definitely go for the POF again.
    Last edited by wizzi01; 12-28-2017 at 01:57 PM.

Ya, those single stage POF triggers are pretty decent! They were on sale a month or so ago for like $120. I regret not grabbing a few.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocowheats View Post
    Ya, those single stage POF triggers are pretty decent! They were on sale a month or so ago for like $120. I regret not grabbing a few.
    Primary Arms had the 4.5lb ones for 99.99. It cost me a total of 102.85 for it shipped through first class usps.

Moved to 'Product Review' per request of OP. -Mod
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

I have run a POF trigger for a few years now both at the range and a few day-long classes. It has been reliable and consistent. My only complaint is that the edges of the trigger feel sharp to me. I am not sure if that is on purpose or not for better texture feeling of the trigger?

"The rifle is a weapon. Let there be no mistake about that. It is a tool of power, and thus dependent completely upon the moral stature of its user. It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, since a citizenry armed with rifles simply cannot be tyrannized."
    Jeff Cooper

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buckcz View Post
    I have run a POF trigger for a few years now both at the range and a few day-long classes. It has been reliable and consistent. My only complaint is that the edges of the trigger feel sharp to me. I am not sure if that is on purpose or not for better texture feeling of the trigger?
    I didn't notice any sharpness on the edges of the trigger I have. Do you have the flat or curved trigger? The one I have is curved.

MGO LIFE Member
    Somehow I missed this thread, have a POF rifle I absolutely love. I am currently working on a build with the POF 4.5lb enhanced-finger-placement (EFP) that I bought during the sale Cocowheats mentioned. I have it installed in the lower and it is very nice, I might be too gritty myself to compare it to a Giselle but for its price it’s great and a far cry better than the military triggers I worked with and probably where I acquired all of that previously mentioned grit

MGO Member
    Anyone have experience with both the POF and Velocity triggers that can provide some comparison?

I am a Forum User
    Brownells has the RISE trigger for under $80, delivered.
    https://www.brownells.com/manufactur...a2ZVR0ZTIn0%3D