Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by NotAdjudicated View Post
    No offense, but i'm not intentionally "promoting" anyone, for any position, anywhere. I simply wanted to clear the air, and divulge more facts, and explain a few things. I don't even know who Adam Kraut is, to be quite honest.
    Regarding a "go-fund-me," no, I have had no such considerations of asking people for money, to be quite honest. My "fight" (or as I term it), was for 2 main reasons: 1. To restore my rights. 2. To hopefully aid others with some sort of ruling that would give them hope, and Grounds for the same. To me, it would cheapen my claimed intent, if I then turned around and asked people to give me their hard-earned money. As such, I never considered such an action/request.
    I thank you for your comment, and wish you well.
    Fair enough, I just meant since Kraut seems to be a decent guy and he's from Prince Law, you might have no problem seeing him get into a good spot based on what he does
    And I didn't mean to offend you by suggesting you ask people for their hard-earned money. Sorry if that's how you took it. Anybody who's faced a BS issue around guns will know that things can get expensive fast. I had a situation where the lawyers made the mistake of thinking it would be an open-and-shut case of "the law says X and the defendant didn't do X, so the charges are dismissed", so they only charged me a few hundred dollars because they expected to show up once and be done. 10 months and 4 court appearances later they were getting very angry with the prosecutor for wasting so much of their time. On the 2nd appearance, my lawyers pointed out that I rightly should have been paying a few thousand dollars already. I lost a bit of work wages for having to go to court and handle stuff, paid too much in parking money, lost time, and suffered stress that messed with me - and my situation wasn't nearly as bad as yours.
    I wouldn't think it would cheapen what you did one little bit. I can respect your decision though. Just know that plenty of us appreciate what you did.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by jmonarch View Post
    It this ruling were applied across the US, maybe gun owners that need a little help, wouldn't be afraid of seeking it out. That would benefit all of us.
    Looks like it was a district decision (third district). And, sadly, 3rd district is a small district. It would be interesting to see this case used to encourage the 9th to get rid of CA's 5-yr prohibition on buying guns after a 5150 hold (72 hour hold for observation/evaluation). But at least that's only 5 years... life prohibition in PA is (was!) ridiculous.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
    Last edited by NotAdjudicated; 02-18-2018 at 02:50 PM.

I am a Forum User

Doing what I can

I think there is another big case coming down the pipe, regarding this type of thing. If i'm not mistaken, it will be at a higher level, and would thus would be more applicable to many more people. If I can find it, i'll post links.
    Last edited by NotAdjudicated; 01-17-2018 at 10:22 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12