Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My New Focus

I am a Forum User

My New Focus

No...my New FOBUS....stupid auto correct.

Since I started carrying about nine years ago, I've use the cheap nylon holster's from Uncle Mike's. Worked fairly well for my j frame and my LC9s. Certainly not ideal for retention and comfort, though. I carried inside the waistband, and sometimes inside the belt and outside the waistband, but that option sometimes put a belt loop in the way of putting the gun where I want it (at about 4 o'clock - right handed).

I tried a more upscale, leather holster but didn't like it.

I don't want a holster that my belt goes through, because I tend to keep my EDC in my vehicle, and slip it on when I go in a store. Slipping a belt through it is more hassle than I want.

For years, I've thought a paddle type holster would be a good choice for me, but there are enough negative reviews that I shied away. Fobus comes in at a low price, but they have a lot of detractors. But, I finally decided to get one and give it a try.

I got the "Evolution" with the adjustable tension. Put my LC9s in it, put it on, and it's GREAT. Love this holster. Retention is good, and comfort is amazing.

So, I ordered one for my other EDC, my S&W J frame. I made a mistake and ordered the Fobus without the adjustable retention. Put the gun in the holster and retention seemed okay. Put it on and comfort was very good. Everything was great until I gently pushed the gun in a little further and felt a little more of a "click". And I thought I must have not had it all the way in at first, and now the gun must be fully seated in the holster. Figured I'd draw the gun to check the amount of retention. Tug. Tug. Tug, tug, tug, and tug some more. Yup, tugging straight up, but gun would not budge. Removed the holster from my waist and held the holster in my left hand and pulled on the grip with my right. Could not get them apart. Wow. Kept on pulling and cussing, and finally got them apart. Put the gun back in...click...and big surprise...could barely get them apart again.

Okay, so I'm returning that *******ing holster and have ordered another one, but with the adjustable retention. We'll see how that goes.

Now, some of you are thinking, dude, you know Fobus sucks, right? Well, that holster sure was a POS. Totally unusable, actually. But the LC9s version with the retention adjustment fits and works so well and at a good price point....what the hell.

No, there is no point to this posting.

I am a Forum User
    Lc9s in a paddle holster?!?

Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    Lc9s in a paddle holster?!?
    Your point?
    Formerly Known As RevDerb since 2008 with 9,457 posts.
    VietNam era vet (USN - CTT2, USNR - CTT3), NRA Life Member, NRA Certified RSO, SAF, GOA.
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
    http://revderb.blogspot.com John 5:24 <><

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by CircuitRider View Post
    Your point?
    surely you jest

I'm with CircuitRider, please explain your comment.

I am a Forum User
    Throw a gun designed to be pocket carried into the largest possible holster made.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    Throw a gun designed to be pocket carried into the largest possible holster made.
    Question 1: Are, you the one carrying it?

If the answer is no proceed to question2.

Question 2: Why do you care how a person carries their firearm? If it is being done safely mind your own business.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzi01 View Post
    Question 1: Are, you the one carrying it?

If the answer is no proceed to question2.

Question 2: Why do you care how a person carries their firearm? If it is being done safely mind your own business.
    Yes, sir, boss sir. I'll be quiet Massa, no need to worry 'bout me.

I am a Forum User
    To each their own, if you feel comfortable carrying it go with it!

I personally don't like the Evolution series of holster by Fobus. But I love the old original style, before they tried to be like everyone else. I still carry Fobus holsters that are 15+ years old.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast