Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My New Focus

I'd have a 55 gallon drum full of holsters if I put them all in a barrel. I buy one hoping it will be "just" what I am looking for and then when it doesn't work out it gets put on a shelf or drawer.....

I was never much of a revolver guy but after my wife bought a S&W 642 J-Frame I started carrying it from time to time. Then I bought an old Model 60 from here on MGO and carried that .... so I had to get an Airtweight with a hammer and bought a Performance Center 637 ..... I guess I am now on the J-Frame band wagon.

Where is this going and why is it in this thread?? We had a couple of J-Frame holsters that were adequate but not quite what I wanted. So I bought this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pretty inexpensive. Good retention, protection from the hammer spur, easy to clip on and off, rides high on my belt so I can wear it appendix carry and still sit comfortably. I'm pretty darn happy with it.

I am a Forum User
    Despite acquiring and relinquishing a wide variety of pistols over the years, I have religiously carried my G27 in a GL26 Fobus standard holster for CCW every single day for ~13 years. They world as I know it has yet to come to an end.

From people I know with fobus they held up well, they just did not have the right amount of retention, either too much or too little. Also I like carrying on the hip and bought a paddly holster when I got my first hand gun way back when 10-12 years ago, but did not really like it.

If you paid $25-29, I think you can do better for an extra 12-15 bucks and you get better performance.

Look at alien gear, or cruise deal sites for clearance holsters. http://aliengearholsters.com/

I have bought piles of other peoples holsters for cheap and blade tech can be sorta cheap to sorta expensive, I have a couple for a couple different guns.

they make one that hugs tighter than the paddle hoslter for $42 for lc9 https://shop.brownells.com/shooting-...da6df9b6290761
    Last edited by dirtmcgirt76239; 03-11-2018 at 09:45 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    Throw a gun designed to be pocket carried into the largest possible holster made.
    Maybe in the thigh pockets of cargo pants? I'm on the skinny side, but no way is a LC9 fitting into the pocket of regular jeans, never mind being anything like concealed in there!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12