Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Marijuana Use

I am a Forum User

Marijuana Use

This could be a problem. Perhaps it has already been addressed, and I am unaware of it...?

Gun Ownership DQ'd by Marijuana

MGO Member
    Sessions is also reversing the Obama era policy directing Federal Prosecutors to "honor" state legalization laws. They will now have free reign to prosecute people regardless of state laws. The failing war on drugs will be re-invigorated under Sessions as he is an extreme hardliner. In the past he has promoted the idea of mandatory death sentences for people convicted of second drug offenses, including for marijuana. He often equates mariuana to heroin and in his eyes there seems to be no difference in severity. Nothing like throwing good money after bad. Add in his stance on civil forfeiture and this guy needs to go.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...-flourish.html

No, I am not or have ever been a user or grower of marijuana. I simply don't see it is a being any worse then alcohol and feel that is a waste of tax payer money to continue criminalizing it. I also believe it has legitimate medical uses that are being impeded by the government at the detriment to society.

I am a Forum User
    It's always been that way federally.

Quote Originally Posted by vansic26 View Post
    Sessions is also reversing the Obama era policy directing Federal Prosecutors to "honor" state legalization laws. They will now have free reign to prosecute people regardless of state laws. The failing war on drugs will be re-invigorated under Sessions as he is an extreme hardliner. In the past he has promoted the idea of mandatory death sentences for people convicted of second drug offenses, including for marijuana. He often equates mariuana to heroin and in his eyes there seems to be no difference in severity. Nothing like throwing good money after bad. Add in his stance on civil forfeiture and this guy needs to go.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...-flourish.html

No, I am not or have ever been a user or grower of marijuana. I simply don't see it is a being any worse then alcohol and feel that is a waste of tax payer money to continue criminalizing it. I also believe it has legitimate medical uses that are being impeded by the government at the detriment to society.
    The difference is its a violation of the law, not the drugs damage.

I do drink, do not do drugs, no pills, nothing.

I support legalization of weed, but your point is even off base, you can exist on heroin if you use clean needles for 40-50 years, its not that bad for you at all. Its the stupid crap you do when you are high, use needles, unsafe sex, sell your body for more of the drugs.

To put it in context the same feds will come get you with guns, up to and include kill you for resisting if you do not pay taxes.

A death sentence for multiple illegal drug cases is not so crazy in that context.

Quote Originally Posted by sse View Post
    This could be a problem. Perhaps it has already been addressed, and I am unaware of it...?

Gun Ownership DQ'd by Marijuana
    This is just to punish gun owners, not weed smokers.

You can smoke weed, it will not effect your ability to vote, keep your kids, get welfare, hold government jobs, drive a car, nothing will be hampered.

This is just to punish gun people.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    The difference is its a violation of the law, not the drugs damage. I understand its a violation of Federal law. This violation was for the most part being ignored by the Feds in states that legalized use. This will likely be coming to an end with Sessions new memo.

I do drink, do not do drugs, no pills, nothing.

I support legalization of weed, but your point is even off base, you can exist on heroin if you use clean needles for 40-50 years, its not that bad for you at all. Its the stupid crap you do when you are high, use needles, unsafe sex, sell your body for more of the drugs. I guess you are correct in terms of the adverse effects of heroin although it is much more addictive then weed. As a result you really don't see many potheads breaking into houses or prostituting themselves for their next high.

To put it in context the same feds will come get you with guns, up to and include kill you for resisting if you do not pay taxes. This is not at all an equal comparison as you are throwing in resisting, a physical action taken against police. An equal comparison would be if they sentenced you to death for the second time you skip paying taxes.

A death sentence for multiple illegal drug cases is not so crazy in that context.
    I am mostly pointing out that the Federal government may be ramping up its war on drugs, including marijuana. So medical and recreational users who have been skirting federal law based on state legalization should be aware that the false sense of security is fading. I do not support the the Feds ability to supersede state laws on this issue. I also don't believe weed should be illegal, rather regulated similar to alcohol. (no driving or carrying firearms under the influence)

I was actually wondering about this a few weeks ago, I have a friend of mine who is also an MI resident with a medical marijuana card, he seemed to believe he could not legally purchase a firearm because of it. My initial impression was he could since he was not "illegally" using it. This seems to confirm that although sounds like that may or may not change soon.

If it ever passes here for recreational use I'm going to buy a bag of the best weed they have and right after smoking it I'm going to attack every Pizza, Fish and Chip, Sushi, and Coney Island place within driving distance!

I smoked it back in the late 60's and 70's and it was dirt weed or so I'm told by today's standards. The 2 things I remember the most about the experience was how horny it made me and after the sex the way food tasted! White Castles, Brays, Chinese food, Pizza. anything loaded with fat! I had a friend pass away here a short time ago and he was on some MM and he told me how good food tasted again. He ate like there was no tomorrow.........he knew his life was over and he didn't waste time at the pity party.

It should be declassified and allowed by those that need.............or want it!

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

didn't michigan send out some letters like that for a while?
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    didn't michigan send out some letters like that for a while?
    Perhaps you would need to have the card to know that.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast