Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Marijuana Use

Quote Originally Posted by vansic26 View Post
    I am mostly pointing out that the Federal government may be ramping up its war on drugs, including marijuana. So medical and recreational users who have been skirting federal law based on state legalization should be aware that the false sense of security is fading. I do not support the the Feds ability to supersede state laws on this issue. I also don't believe weed should be illegal, rather regulated similar to alcohol. (no driving or carrying firearms under the influence)
    Not at all, the resisting is not paying. They come with guns if you keep ignoring them.
    What do they come with guns for ?

There feds and the state and city for that matter do not do well when you ignore them. They do a couple standard things for even petty stuff that spirals out of control, start siezing stuff, taking your wages, selling your home and kicking you out, throwing you in jail. I dui where you hit no one, even a speeding ticket that you just ignore, it can cost you many thousands of dollars. A parking ticket you ignore can get up there. A parking ticket. I do not understand why people think ignoring or trying to be slick with weed laws is special that you should not be dealt with a stiff hand. Why would it be any different than telling EPA to screw off. You should try that. Start doing small stuff like killing migratory birds, pooring oil down the drain, and see how easy it is to get $25,000 fines per day per incident.

There is nothing special about weed. I am already getting sick of weed being a folk hero.

Banned
    I don't recall reading "unless you use a plant that harms no one" being in the second amendment...

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    This is just to punish gun owners, not weed smokers.

You can smoke weed, it will not effect your ability to vote, keep your kids, get welfare, hold government jobs, drive a car, nothing will be hampered.

This is just to punish gun people.
    And it's working...

I know people with medical issues that marijuana may be able to help alleviate. Despite this, they have yet to venture down this path in fear of exactly what you are saying; loss of gun rights. So they are left at the hands of big pharma and the toxic garbage they push.

Basically, for those people, there is a natural alternative but you must first decide if your gun rights are worth it. Oh, you want opioids instead? You can keep your rights if you just want synthetic heroine...And they wonder why there is a heroine "epidemic".

MAYBE, if we pushed more pot as medicine then some of this other garbage, crime rates would go down since we aren't making prescription dope fiends whose insurance is going to dry up forcing them to street drugs and the daily costs to support such habits. You know, like less dope fiends might equal less crimes aimed at scrounging up dope money.

This is so far beyond despicable of our government to do to the people. Especially when the only side effects are: happy, hungry, horny, and sleepy.
    Last edited by Cocowheats; 01-04-2018 at 09:41 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocowheats View Post

Basically, for those people, there is a natural alternative but you must first decide if your gun rights are worth it. :
    Wait, are you saying you can't own guns and have a MM card at the same time? I looked at an old thread in legal beagle section and it said you could have both a CPL and a MMC at the same time in MI without issue. Is that wrong now?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    Wait, are you saying you can't own guns and have a MM card at the same time? I looked at an old thread in legal beagle section and it said you could have both a CPL and a MMC at the same time in MI without issue. Is that wrong now?
    It's legal under MI law but not Federal. During the Obama administration, the feds turned a blind eye towards it but now Sessions is putting pressure on the states.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    It's legal under MI law but not Federal. During the Obama administration, the feds turned a blind eye towards it but now Sessions is putting pressure on the states.
    This.

I am a Forum User
    I have two perspectives. As a police officer, I always believed that pot should have been made legal. Why? Because I have dealt with more bad decisions (violent and otherwise) that came out of a liquor bottle than ever came out of a bong. If a guy is sitting home doing bong hits, and he has a game console, a Big Gulp, and a bag of Doritos...he's not leaving the house to be a problem for anyone. If he does happen to leave, then he's on his skateboard or BMX bike (at 35 years old) to go get more Doritos. Second, I never went to a DV call that started with "The wife and I were getting high and decided to kill one another". Sell it, tax it like alcohol, and remove the impetus for the violence that goes along with higher level distribution and trafficking.

As a father, I wouldn't want my kids messing with it. Both my sons are officers now, and they were never users. My daughter is 13, and she is a Girl Scout, and total straight laced kid. Thank God. Playing the averages, one of my kids should have been a complete ********...I got lucky.

My wife, who is an MD, is a supporter of medical marijuana use...especially for cancer patients. The patients with cancer she has dealt with who smoke, or use edibles, have a better appetite and are able to eat while on chemo, and their level of physical pain is often attenuated to a great degree.

What I specifically DON'T believe is that recreational use should in any way abrogate your Second Amendment rights. Why? Refer back to more dumb decisions coming from a liquor bottle. I have dealt with more alcohol related violence in my career than I care to try to remember. Billy Bob gets drunk, gets a case of the ass, and the stupidity begins then it's off to the races. Why some people advocate that it be legal to carry a gun into a bar while consuming alcohol is beyond me. At the same time, carrying a gun while high is also beyond me....but, given the two, I'd rather deal with a smoker than a drinker any day. It's easy to use the Jedi mind trick on a smoker.

BUT...of course....the feds have their own ideas about state's rights. And yet...I think it's funny how so many people scream about how the feds should, in essence, trample state's rights as it applies to forcing one state to honor another state's CCW/CPL, yet want the state's to stay hands off on weed legalization, or other issues where federal authority contradicts a state's laws. (Yes, I am a total supporter of national reciprocity, just think it's funny how so many folks want it both ways).

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco_AZMI View Post
    BUT...of course....the feds have their own ideas about state's rights. And yet...I think it's funny how so many people scream about how the feds should, in essence, trample state's rights as it applies to forcing one state to honor another state's CCW/CPL, yet want the state's to stay hands off on weed legalization, or other issues where federal authority contradicts a state's laws. (Yes, I am a total supporter of national reciprocity, just think it's funny how so many folks want it both ways).
    I would laugh my butt right off if the AG enforced fed weed laws - starting and ending with any state/city/local govt that tries to infringe on the 2A in favor of medical/recreational pot.
    Sorry Honolulu and Pennsylvania, you've made money from licensing fees and taxes - you're all getting RICO'd, all govt assets seized and a temporary government will be installed for you. Everybody on the govt payroll will be investigated.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    Actually the way I understand Sessions vernacular is that state prosecutors no longer have to have a hands off approach. The can go after the ones they feel are pushing the boundary lines beyond the envelope. This in turn will further the careers of many prosecuting attorneys. Congress needs to get their heads out of their asses and fix this!

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger View Post
    Actually the way I understand Sessions vernacular is that state prosecutors no longer have to have a hands off approach. The can go after the ones they feel are pushing the boundary lines beyond the envelope. This in turn will further the careers of many prosecuting attorneys. Congress needs to get their heads out of their asses and fix this!
    You say that like they weren't doing raids already... They were, they were just doing them on people who weren't paying the tax man off.
    The show "The Profit" had a special this week on california growers. There was a lot of anger from people who had been doing it for years and dodging state police (or had gone to prison and lost everything), but now it's totally legal as long as they pay a buttload of money for licensing and taxes.
    There was also a lot of talk about money flowing out of the cities/state that should be getting taxed, and how they're focusing on the unlicensed folks now.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast