Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Marijuana Use

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    I am going to take up weed, just so I can blow smoke rings then shoot a rd through the middle.
    That right there could replace a lot of lasers on handguns.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    What about Joe 7/8 oz?
    Meh, they probably don’t care, either.

I don’t know what you know about drug prosecutions, but the vast majority are done by the state. The Feds seem more interested in the big traffickers, not some small time Pot dealers.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

The stoner states are crying state's rights... But what about if states tell the feds to F off about automatic weapons and other firearm laws/regs, traffic speeds and seat belt use, bathroom use, or a myriad of other fed over reach? Can states really start ignoring the federal laws of the land at will (many are)? Or is it only when the feds choose not to enforce their own laws?

Quote Originally Posted by UpNorthWOLF View Post
    The stoner states are crying state's rights... But what about if states tell the feds to F off about automatic weapons and other firearm laws/regs, traffic speeds and seat belt use, bathroom use, or a myriad of other fed over reach? Can states really start ignoring the federal laws of the land at will (many are)? Or is it only when the feds choose not to enforce their own laws?
    You gotta do stuff that the lefts hates.

Environmental law free zone, guns law free zone, labor law free zone, sexual harassment free zone, tax free zone, speed law free zone.

This is how bad it is, they pretty much have antagonist leaders at stances at places like the EPA, the EPA hates industry, and capitalism. The left lost their mind when the education department was not run by a teacher. Thats how used to getting their way they are. I never heard a good reason why the education department should not be run by someone who challenges educators and makes their life hard, thats the way every other agency works.

They only make demands, other people, their political enemies pay for the desires of the left, these same people are demonized, and the few people that merely vote on the left can annoint themselves saints if they did not hate religion as well.

I am a Forum User
    The Fed's also seem to attach a revenue incentive to their mandates that help the States fall in line.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash-hider View Post
    The Fed's also seem to attach a revenue incentive to their mandates that help the States fall in line.
    The Fed could withhold funds if the states didn't honor the 55 MPH speed limit but can't if states don't honor ingratiation laws.
    They have to honor same sex marriage but not concealed carry permits.

Explain "States Rights" to me again.....

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    The Fed could withhold funds if the states didn't honor the 55 MPH speed limit but can't if states don't honor ingratiation laws.
    They have to honor same sex marriage but not concealed carry permits.

Explain "States Rights" to me again.....
    It all depends where your "Right" is on the priority list.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash-hider View Post
    I think this is why montana had no speed limit for about 3-5 years, then decided they liked federal money for keeping the roads up. That was mid/late 90s early 2000s.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Olds View Post
    Well said, sir.

One slight correction though about CPL holders and places that serve alcohol. The suggested changes would only be to carry in those establishments. Not carry while consuming alcohol. If a CPL holder wanted to drink, they would still need to disarm from my understanding.
    I didn't get into specifics re: CPL/CCW holders only because state laws are so different, then you get into the individual policies of the ownership/management.

I am a Forum User
    Fundamentally, we have an assertion of state's rights where it is convenient to the political expedients of the moment to a specific state. Full faith and credit, in Article IV of the Constitution has been recognized as the article/clause that makes your drivers license (for example) good in all states, same as marriage licenses, etc. This should also cover your CCW (if we even accept that a CCW is even necessary because the 2nd Amendment is our effective CCW). BUT...state's will invoke FF&C where convenient, then invoke state's rights where it is not. Same old political sideways ********-speak.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast