Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Marijuana Use

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by AxlMyk View Post
    Simple solution. Don't get an mj card.
    Better limit your your firearm purchases to private party. If you want to purchase a firearm from an FFL and you answer question 11e on the Form 4473 with a 'No' but you DO use marijuana, then you are committing a felony. It doesn't matter if you have a MM card or not.

So, here is a hypothetical.

What if someone purchases a firearm and on 11E they answer honestly NO. But, then they later consume the devils lettuce, what happens then?

I am a Forum User
    not a damn thing ^^^

I am a Forum User
    I think alcohol and tobacco are gateway drugs that should be banned. Those almost always precede marijuana use. Why are we pretending that drug use starts at marijuana?

I am a Forum User
    Legalize all drugs give them to the abusers. It will take the profit from illegal drugs and natural selection will take care of some of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by steve77 View Post
    I think alcohol and tobacco are gateway drugs that should be banned. Those almost always precede marijuana use. Why are we pretending that drug use starts at marijuana?
    It starts with bad parenting...

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by steve77 View Post
    I think alcohol and tobacco are gateway drugs that should be banned.
    Then I would suggest that you saddle up, run for office, get elected and the work to pass legislation banning it.

Why are we pretending that drug use starts at marijuana?
    Why are you pretending that marijuana ISN'T a gateway drug?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by jiw275 View Post
    Legalize all drugs give them to the abusers. It will take the profit from illegal drugs and natural selection will take care of some of the problem.
    Everywhere that they successfully used the "revenue" excuse to legalize drugs, two things happened:

1. The people who used the "revenue" angle to legalize it IMMEDIATELY, after legalization, began clamoring to reduce or eliminate the taxes, because the new taxes made the product cost more.
    2. The black market for the product that was NOT part of the government controlled market GREW.

Bottom line, nobody wanted to pay taxes on drugs -- they just wanted to use the revenue angle to get them legalized.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by tenthumbs View Post
    So, here is a hypothetical.

What if someone purchases a firearm and on 11E they answer honestly NO. But, then they later consume the devils lettuce, what happens then?
    Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    not a damn thing ^^^
    I'm no lawyer (maybe one of our legal beagle's will interject here), but does Scarborough v. United States (1977) still apply and, if so, does it extend to this situation, since being a felon OR being "an unlawful user of ... a controlled substance ..." would put you in violation of 18 U.S. Code § 922(g)?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    Then I would suggest that you saddle up, run for office, get elected and the work to pass legislation banning it.

Why are you pretending that marijuana ISN'T a gateway drug?
    Maybe because the majority of drug addicts say it's not. I know TONs and TONS of people who smoke weed, and do nothing else. The biggest gateway drug is and will forever be opioids.

Weed maybe USED to be a gateway drug but only in the sense that it opened up a small world of dealing with shady people, drug dealers, etc to get what you wanted.

Now that it's legal, and anyone can walk into a dispensary, it is definitely nothing close to a "gateaway drug". Weed won't make you want to try heroine or coke any more than Whiskey will.
    Canadian Import.
    μολὼν λαβέ, Ελευθερία ή θάνατος
    Reddit: u/MapleSyrupJediV2 moderator of r/GunAccessoriesForSale & r/MiGuns

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast