Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User

AR pistol question

Is a 10.5" AR pistol with a shockwave blade legal in Mi to own?

I am a Forum User
    Yep. Send an RI60 to MSP with total length.

Assuming you’re using a milspec length buffer tube, your OAL will be about 24.75” since the blade doesn’t count towards length. Anything under 26” OAL gets registered as Danco said. You list yourself as both the buyer and seller on the RI-060.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

I am a Forum User
    Thank you. I would actually be purchasing a complete pistol and not building it.

Quote Originally Posted by Danco411 View Post
    Yep. Send an RI60 to MSP with total length.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpartyME View Post
    Assuming you’re using a milspec length buffer tube, your OAL will be about 24.75” since the blade doesn’t count towards length. Anything under 26” OAL gets registered as Danco said. You list yourself as both the buyer and seller on the RI-060.
    If you have a CPL

Quote Originally Posted by erict View Post
    Thank you. I would actually be purchasing a complete pistol and not building it.
    If you are purchasing from an FFL, follow the advice above, the FFL will give you the RI-060.

If you have a CPL, and are purchasing in a private sale, follow the advice above, you can get the RI-060 online.

If you don't have a CPL, and are purchasing in a private sale, you will have to go to a LEO office and obtain an RI-010.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    No cpl and will be purchasing from an FFL.

I am a Forum User
    Why isn't this considered an SBR? Is it because of the absence of a adjustable stock? Having a fixed brace makes it a pistol?

Why isn't this considered an SBR? Is it because of the absence of a adjustable stock? Having a fixed brace makes it a pistol?
    A brace is not a stock. It has no stock. It is a pistol. It just happens to have something that looks like a stock and that many people use as a stock. But it’s not a stock.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by pjeski View Post
    A brace is not a stock. It has no stock. It is a pistol. It just happens to have something that looks like a stock and that many people use as a stock. But it’s not a stock.
    Crazy rule I must say. I have read that you couldn't shoulder an AR pistol but now the ATF says you can. Is this true?

Crazy rule I must say. I have read that you couldn't shoulder an AR pistol but now the ATF says you can. Is this true?
    Who knows?

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast