Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by hunterspirit View Post
    Change or shorten the handguard
    I have decided to just treat it as a firearm per Michigan definition. I'm just not going to gamble.

Banned
    I just shortened a A2 flash hider and ordering a 1/2 -28 tap

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    nope. just make sure they check "other" on the 4473 when you pick up
    the only time you need to specify an OAL is on the state ri-060, and that's after you assemble the upper on the lower.
    I forgot to look to see if my FFL checked "other" on form 4473. Is there a way I can find out?

Quote Originally Posted by erict View Post
    I forgot to look to see if my FFL checked "other" on form 4473. Is there a way I can find out?
    You can ask him. But it really doesn't matter, a firearm is not defined by the checkbox. An error on the form will not make the firearm something it is not.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by pjeski View Post
    You can ask him. But it really doesn't matter, a firearm is not defined by the checkbox. An error on the form will not make the firearm something it is not.
    Just to note, I purchased a complete lower receiver and not a complete firearm. Being just a completed receiver what if they checked handgun or rifle instead of other?

Quote Originally Posted by erict View Post
    Just to note, I purchased a complete lower receiver and not a complete firearm. Being just a completed receiver what if they checked handgun or rifle instead of other?
    There COULD be an issue if it was marked as some form of a long arm. The 4473 is a federal form and it is a felony to "make" a pistol from a long arm under federal laws (without the proper tax stamp). It is not a problem if it starts out as "pistol" or "other". Yet, the item should be able to be traced back to see if it was ever actually a long arm.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

I don't know if I said it in the other 12 pages... but you can probably call the manufacturer and run the serial number to see what config THEY had it listed as.
    I bought a used mossberg that i believed had come from the factory as a pistol grip only model (thinking of doing a shockwave in addition to my AOW) but they informed me that it most certainly had left the factory with a stock. making it into a "firearm" version would have been a felony, and I was very glad they told me.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    I don't know if I said it in the other 12 pages... but you can probably call the manufacturer and run the serial number to see what config THEY had it listed as.
    I bought a used mossberg that i believed had come from the factory as a pistol grip only model (thinking of doing a shockwave in addition to my AOW) but they informed me that it most certainly had left the factory with a stock. making it into a "firearm" version would have been a felony, and I was very glad they told me.
    This is the lower I purchased and they list it as a pistol lower. No stock.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-c...=12%3a00+Email

I am a Forum User
    I did talk to my FFL and it is checked "other" on form 4473.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    good thread

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast