Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by erict View Post
    Thank you. Didn't notice PA-15 anywhere. Can Palmetto State Armory be abbreviated to PSA to fit on form?
    Maybe. I think they have a list of known manufacturers. They called me about an AR57 I registered. They never heard of AR57 as a manufacturer, and wanted to be sure I ahad it right. They said it wasn’t on their list.

Palmetto US PLM Marking on Tryon rifles
    Palmetto Armory US PAA Confederate armory
    Palmetto State Defense US PSD Greer, SC

www.michigan.gov/documents/msp/NCIC_Gun_codes_490348_7.pdf

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    Palmetto US PLM Marking on Tryon rifles
    Palmetto Armory US PAA Confederate armory
    Palmetto State Defense US PSD Greer, SC

www.michigan.gov/documents/msp/NCIC_Gun_codes_490348_7.pdf
    Thank you for the list.

I am a Forum User
    Ok, need help. I can't remove the brace because it is on there tight. It's slipped over the tube and a real PITA to move. So can anyone tell me how long the buffer tube from just outside the upper receiver to the end is? I can tell where the threads end on the barrel but can't tell where the end of the buffer tube is. Trying to get OAL.

Just for reference, this is my lower assembly.
    http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-c...516447200.html

I am a Forum User
    Figured it out. There is a hole at the end of brace and stuck a rod in there to measure where the tube ends and transferred that to the outside. Now I get a measurement from the end of the barrel threads to the end of the buffer tube of 25". This is the correct way to measure OAL? Just want to make sure before I write it down on form. Being first AR pistol I don't want to screw this up.
    Last edited by erict; 02-11-2018 at 12:28 PM.

MGO Board of Directors

Here is the lower I have and the upper I'm getting. Do I need to physically remove the muzzle devise and brace to get the "OAL". I'm hoping it's less then 26" OAL.

Lower
    http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-c...516447200.html

Upper

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-1...t=5%3a00+Email
    Hey, the upper linked above has a 12" forend. Isn't that going to put this build over 26"?
    I haven't read any discussion about how the length of the forend figures into the length equation if it is longer than the barrel, which it seems to be in this case.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by CyborgHunter View Post
    Hey, the upper linked above has a 12" forend. Isn't that going to put this build over 26"?
    I haven't read any discussion about how the length of the forend figures into the length equation if it is longer than the barrel, which it seems to be in this case.
    I'm pretty sure the law states OAL from the end of barrel threads and not hand guard. I would think because the hand guard is removable just like a muzzle devise. OAL=shortest length it's able to be fired. Is this correct, maybe someone can chime in to confirm this.

I am a Forum User
    I'm pretty sure the law states OAL from the end of barrel threads and not hand guard. I would think because the hand guard is removable just like a muzzle devise. OAL=shortest length it's able to be fired. Is this correct, maybe someone can chime in to confirm this.
    There is no "law" ... but i would agree if the handguard is removable that it would not be included (unless perm attached)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure the law states OAL from the end of barrel threads and not hand guard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nmadole View Post
    There is no "law" ...
    What we do have is in CFR (code of federal regulations), and it says "extreme ends", without naming any part, and that IS law.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    What we do have is in CFR (code of federal regulations), and it says "extreme ends", without naming any part, and that IS law.
    CFR has basically nothing to do with Michigans Pistol Definition ... which you know ... and is counter to what is indicated in AG6280 ...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast