Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by holtian View Post
    I have 4 of their cans and I enjoy them greatly. They were the cans that I got in the very beginning and have served me well to this point. Sad to see them go because it will be difficult to source parts now if I need them. I have heard people talk ill of them and I honestly wonder if they ever used their products. Same as Taurus, I've had several of those as well and never had a single issue with them. True enough that they are used just recreationally, not in competition or heavy use but heck, I enjoy them and they fit the budget.
    There seems to be a whole range of issues, good and bad surrounding Huntertown. I'm glad you are the receiving end of the "good" ones Holtian.

I've built a couple rifle cans on a Form 1 Holtian. As I am sure you know, suppressors are not the most complicated things in the world, so as long as your serial numbered part doesn't get severely damaged/destroyed, the rest of the parts "could" be fairly easily and completely legally fabricated by a decent machinist with a lathe and/or a mill.
    I own a small lathe I've used for my projects, but I am NOT what anyone would describe as an "expert machinist". My cans work plenty good enough though and I only have about $150 in metal +/- invested in them. Would I try and make some interior baffles for my Rugged Obsidian if I had to? Sure, I'd give it a whirl if I had to. Would it be as good/well machined as a factory part when I was finished? Well probably not, but I bet it would "work".

I agree on the Taurus issue too. The very first semi auto handgun I bought was a nickel plated Taurus PT99 (duplicate of a Beretta M92 but with fully adjustable sights). This was back in the mid/late 80's when Beretta had just modified the M92 (hammer drop safety and other small changes I think?) so they sold all of the classic model M92 tooling to Taurus.
    Let me tell you, I have put thousands of rounds through that PT99, and it is still as tight as a drum and still is capable of shooting better than me regarding accuracy. It is essentially a Beretta M92 that I paid $350 NIB when the Berettas were selling for $500-$600. The gun magazine reviews of them in those days basically said the same thing "it's a Beretta with a Taurus name on it, for $300 less. I also owned one of Taurus's M66C (compensated) .357Mags with a 6" barrel (back when they were 6 shot, they are 7 now). I think I paid something like $260 for it brand new and that sucker also shot very accurately. I sold it a year or two after I bought it because I never used it and to this day, I regret getting rid of it. I sold it to one of my customers and when I see him he still jabs me how well that gun shoots and how many deer he's killed with it (*******). Yes, like any gun company, Taurus has had a few hiccups, but from what I have seen, they have stood behind their products 100% and have done everything they can to satisfy their customers.

I am a Forum User
    I put 300 rounds through my Kestel yesterday on my new SCAR 17. Worked just fine although I did notice it was quite a bit louder than my Thunderbeast Ultra 9. I use my Kestrel as a spare and guest can fit those I shoot with who don’t own one. It’s fine for that but I never would have bought another one ore recommended one to a customer. I have the new Dead Air Sandman K coming for my SCAR.

who? never heard of them.
    Formerly Known As RevDerb since 2008 with 9,457 posts.
    VietNam era vet (USN - CTT2, USNR - CTT3), NRA Life Member, NRA Certified RSO, SAF, GOA.
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
    http://revderb.blogspot.com John 5:24 <><

Some of you may remember the baffle strike I had with my brand new Kestrel...

Unfortunately their Customer service was almost non-existent. I think they started off with a horrible reputation, and never cared to fix it. That's most likely what caused their demise...

Banned
    Are we SERIOUSLY trying to justify HTA, Taurus, Hi Point, etc?

You went cheap. You got cheap.

This forum section is really slipping since 41f.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by midlandshooter View Post
    Are we SERIOUSLY trying to justify HTA, Taurus, Hi Point, etc?

You went cheap. You got cheap.

This forum section is really slipping since 41f.
    I don't think that anyone is trying to justify anything. Just stating the facts about what we own. All of which were submitted before 41F, as if that matters at all. I have several HTA cans and they have all worked well for me, as they have for several others. Just as I have never had a issue with any of my Taurus firearms. I've never owned a HiPoint, but my buddy that has one swears by the thing. Likes it a heck of a lot more than his Springfield XD. Sorry to hear that this section of the forum isn't living up to your expectations.

I am a Forum User

Huntertown Arms out of business.

Quote Originally Posted by holtian View Post
    I don't think that anyone is trying to justify anything. Just stating the facts about what we own. All of which were submitted before 41F, as if that matters at all. I have several HTA cans and they have all worked well for me, as they have for several others. Just as I have never had a issue with any of my Taurus firearms. I've never owned a HiPoint, but my buddy that has one swears by the thing. Likes it a heck of a lot more than his Springfield XD. Sorry to hear that this section of the forum isn't living up to your expectations. [emoji144]
    I wouldn’t worry about it man, our trust owns a few and they work just fine. As you know, there are those that are just loyal to the assumption that spending more is better.
    I have higher grade cans as well that may be a few OZ lighter or a few dB quieter. But since none of us are pulling James Bond barrel rolls around in black pajamas, I gotta ask, who gives a $***.

With research, you’ll find problems with everything. Once the hype is gone with these items, the only thing left is “how much you spent” to impress folks or to talk bad about. Some lose sight of why they got into this. Sure, you can pop off a 22 and your neighbor might not know, regardless of can manufacturer. Bet your *****, that you touch off ANY other can regardless of .300blk, .45 or anything else subsonic more than once or twice and your neighbors will start looking. So really... why the d*** measuring contest?

But like Mr. Snoozer pointed out. Guess since 41F there’s less hype, and fewer discussions to bawk at when justifying to the masses the perfection of their purchases and the money spent on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a Forum User
    Couldn't agree more. I have a few AAC cans that were quite a bit more costly. And while they weigh less, and may be quieter than my HTA cans, the HTA ones are just as much fun and have the same smile factor. Especially when I get to take others out that have never shot one and get to see the grins on their faces when they get to enjoy the joys of subsonic shooting. Which to me is the fun of the sport. Getting people to enjoy and grow the sport, regardless of the cost of the equipment is kinda the whole point in my book.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123