Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Not cheap but heavy. I have a dealer demo Kestrel I bought when I first got my SOT. It's a solid unit and by solid I mean a boat anchor. LOL It works very well and is easy to clean. I have a couple thousand rounds through it. I recently blasted the baffles and cerakoted them C series black. Looks like new. At about 30 oz it makes a good bench can. It's just too heavy to shoot offhand with a long barrel and I certainly would not want to hump it anywhere while hunting. Too bad they closed. I think it was more for crappy customer service. Sometimes you just could not reach anyone there. The suppressor industry has become ultra competitive. Lots of new companies and prices are starting to come down a bit.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffman View Post
    Could have to do with their piss poor customer service, and products that were really only so-so
    Yeah, there's that.

The Taurus of NFA. Lol

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Danco411 View Post
    Not cheap but heavy. I have a dealer demo Kestrel I bought when I first got my SOT. It's a solid unit and by solid I mean a boat anchor. LOL It works very well and is easy to clean. I have a couple thousand rounds through it. I recently blasted the baffles and cerakoted them C series black. Looks like new. At about 30 oz it makes a good bench can. It's just too heavy to shoot offhand with a long barrel and I certainly would not want to hump it anywhere while hunting. Too bad they closed. I think it was more for crappy customer service. Sometimes you just could not reach anyone there. The suppressor industry has become ultra competitive. Lots of new companies and prices are starting to come down a bit.
    Solid, huh?

https://youtu.be/l9_f2eCMkTM

Name:  kestrel.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  9.8 KB

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by midlandshooter View Post
    Seems to be like that particular failure is entirely Jethro the shooters fault and not Huntertowns...
    - Huntertown lists the minimum barrel length on that can at 11.5". That M-16 was sporting a 7.5" barrel according to their own video notes.
    - I'm not 100% sure on this one, but I don't see anything on the Huntertown site which said that can was full-auto rated.

I don't know about you guys, but I don't go out and buy a clean/nice running 1983 Chevy Chevette, take it home and put a massive turbocharger on it from a Freightliner semi-tractor in the effort to make it faster without expecting some engine problems to pop-up shortly thereafter...

There is a market for Chevy Chevettes, but I think normally, the people who buy them wouldn't expect to be able to take them to LeMans and race...

Watching that video makes me feel sorry for Huntertown in a small way. The Chevette supplier of the suppressor world has gone under due to guys like Jethro the M-16 dude?

No offense to anyone named Jethro in MGO land and I guess I'm dating myself with the Chevette ref. too.
    LoL..

I am a Forum User
    There is a market for Chevy Chevettes....

Really? Where would that be?

Not trying to be a smart ass, just wondering.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by kpearce View Post

Really, you're not trying? WoW...

Why, do you have a Chevette to sell?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kpearce View Post

Scrap yards???? Swamps?

Not even a junk yard will touch one.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by midlandshooter View Post
    Scrap yards???? Swamps?

Not even a junk yard will touch one.
    not to beat a dead horse, but you guys are missing the point. A 2018 Chevrolet Spark LS will get you from point A to point B just like any other car, but your not getting there at 170 MPH. Jethro tried to run his baseline Spark like it was a turbo Porsche 911. Sure they are both about the same size and will get you from A to B, they just do it in different ways. You cant intentionally abuse a can and them blame the manufacture, just like you cant blame Chevy when your engine blows up because you ran it at 12000 RPMs.

I am a Forum User
    Some things that hurt them were producing cans that simply did not perform (sound reduction). People sending cans in and getting them (who knows when) back and being louder than what they were before sending them in... Quite a few threads on ARfcom. My kestrel is a good .22 can, that doesn't do too bad in the sound suppression dept..

I am a Forum User
    I have 4 of their cans and I enjoy them greatly. They were the cans that I got in the very beginning and have served me well to this point. Sad to see them go because it will be difficult to source parts now if I need them. I have heard people talk ill of them and I honestly wonder if they ever used their products. Same as Taurus, I've had several of those as well and never had a single issue with them. True enough that they are used just recreationally, not in competition or heavy use but heck, I enjoy them and they fit the budget.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast