Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cmr19xx View Post
    $60 for a current production pistol mag is just crazy IMO, not that it would stop me from purchasing this pistol or a few of the 12 round magazines. On the mag release, I agree on the G43. I don't have any problem with the G26. I'm really torn on which way I want to go at this point, but as of right now, I think its between the G26 and P365 - Capacity wins.
    I'm sure you can get cheap 12 round mags for the G26...the main question is do you want 12 rounds of capacity in a gun the size of a G26 or in a gun the size of a G43? Some people have no issue carry around close to full size firearms. Personally, I always carry IWB and I'm not a huge guy so the easier it is to conceal, the better it is for me.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by castrotikon View Post
    I'm sure you can get cheap 12 round mags for the G26...the main question is do you want 12 rounds of capacity in a gun the size of a G26 or in a gun the size of a G43? Some people have no issue carry around close to full size firearms. Personally, I always carry IWB and I'm not a huge guy so the easier it is to conceal, the better it is for me.
    To be fair the G26 is actually shorter than the P365 and only .18" thicker. Sure it's much longer, but that's not the issue with most concealment.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Remo View Post
    To be fair the G26 is actually shorter than the P365 and only .18" thicker. Sure it's much longer, but that's not the issue with most concealment.
    I don't know how the measurements compare - but here is a picture of my P365 in my old Glock 42 holster. I've owned a few 26s, and this P365 doesn't compare in size. And the trigger is way better.

Here it is next to a Shield 9, which also carries much easier than a 26

I am a Forum User
    I wish my stenosing tenosynovitis would allow me to grip/shoot single stacks. I had to sell my 1911 which was the gun I shot the straightest with.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by scrapinby View Post

Here it is next to a Shield 9, which also carries much easier than a 26

that is NOT a shield. That is a full size M&P. Look at the beaver tail

EDIT: weird, the pics are different when I quote it

MGO Member
    It seems like many guns are recalled in the first year of production. It seems first model years of cars have similar issues.

The gun looks nice, but I'll wait for a used one in a few years after the kinks are worked out and mag prices come down. Personally I want at least 6 mags.

Quote Originally Posted by Remo View Post
    Length is precisely the reason I don't carry my DW Guardian even though it's probably my best shooter.

I am a Forum User
    The size difference between the G26 and the P365 doesn't bother me that much (0.5" longer, 0.2" thicker and ~3oz heavier). Pros for the G26 for me are - availability and cost of aftermarket add-ons & mags, grip size (larger grip suits me better), its a known commodity/proven. Pros for the P365 for me are the trigger and standard night sights. Cost is roughly the same.

I am a Forum User
    Length is precisely the reason I don't carry my DW Guardian even though it's probably my best shooter.
    Seems like a bit of an apples to oranges comparison. A DW guardian is quite a bit longer and heavier than a G26 - 8" and 30 oz. compared to 6.4" and 22 oz.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    that is NOT a shield. That is a full size M&P. Look at the beaver tail

EDIT: weird, the pics are different when I quote it
    The first pic (in a holster) is a full size M&P. The second pic is a Shield.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast