Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking for shotgun fitter?

I want to have an old Wingmaster adjusted to fit me better. I'm not sure if a shooting instructor would be who to go to or a gunsmith. Looking for recommendations. I live in Oakland county.

Quote Originally Posted by sgc View Post
    I want to have an old Wingmaster adjusted to fit me better. I'm not sure if a shooting instructor would be who to go to or a gunsmith. Looking for recommendations. I live in Oakland county.
    Stock maker.

MGO Member
    Pat Lieske shooting instructor and gun fitter at Michigan shooting centers. He runs bald mountain shooting ranges. Pricey. Cheaper way to go is a Jack West adjustable stock about two hundred dollars.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by pathfinder 101 View Post
    Pat Lieske shooting instructor and gun fitter at Michigan shooting centers. He runs bald mountain shooting ranges. Pricey. Cheaper way to go is a Jack West adjustable stock about two hundred dollars.
    Agree with this 100%. Pat is awesome, but for a wingmaster you'll spend more than the shotgun is worth. An aftermarket stock is the way to go.

I am a Forum User
    Jack West stock is a start but only gives you an adj. comb . You will still need an adj. butt plate to finish the job . Also you might not need the adj. comb so IMO go take a lesson with Pat and get his opinion what is needed for a proper fit.

Just curious, how much is a lesson with Pat Lieske; one that would tell me what I'm doing wrong and what is needed for a proper fit?

MGO Member
    The last I heard $150.00 per hour but make a call to find out.

I am a Forum User
    Keith Heeg is one of the best stock fitters in the country. Also a top trap competitor and instructor. He is pretty much a fixture at the ATA shoots in Mason, but he fits shotgun stocks for all the different games.

I am a Forum User
    Make sure you pattern the shotgun! It could have a bent barrel.

Why do you think the stock doesn’t fit? It takes time to learn how to shoot a shotgun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast