Quote Originally Posted by Garandsrus View Post
Why do you think the stock doesn’t fit? It takes time to learn how to shoot a shotgun.
Firearm manufacturers produce stocks to fit the "average" man. If you are a "smaller" or "larger" than the average man, then making changes to the stock IS significant.

If you want to get serious about clay shooting the gun has to pull up to a Natural Point Of Aim, (NPOA). This is accomplished by getting the Length Of Pull (LOP), Drop At Comb (DAC), and Drop at Heal correct (DAH).

On my "skeet gun" it was observed that I was consistently high on my shots. This was evidenced by regularly "dusting" the top of the clay, or having the clay jump up into the low pressure area caused by the shot column passing just over the clay.
The solution for me was to just add an adjustable butt pad. I lowered the DAH by about 3/4", which in turn raised the DAC by slightly less that. I also increased the LOP by about 1/2" with a spacer under butt pad. This effectively rotated the shotgun in my hold around the trigger hand, lowering the muzzle and the NPOA and allowing me to keep my head up rather than hunkering down to get my eye inline with the top of the barrel. Just that change drastically improved my scores. Now if I can just get judging the lead down!