Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    It's basically the same with a similar usable capacity, velocity and pressure with the same working COL limits for the magazine. 1:14-1:16 will stabilize the longer 180gr bullets. Pistol length gas tube on a pistol, and carbine gas tube on 14"-20" is what I've always done. Different barrel, different magazine and everything else is standard. Here's the main difference Winchester used a longer case that covers up the bullets a little more and made the base dia a little larger. The listed velocity on a 180gr with a 20" barrel from Win is 2100fps, my chrony average for the same around 2220 fps so it's likely they're down loading them slightly or their brass is much thicker towards the base. Here's the length difference shown with a standard 357AR cartridge on the bottom, and a starline case trimmed to 1.71" on top.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am a Forum User
    Which barrel extension did you use? Did you modify the barrel extension feed ramp cuts?

I've tried different types, big bore/9mm, big M4/bottom lug removed ect with different angles with both beveled and radiused chamber mouths. I found the best is a 9mm DI style with the feed ramp angle cut at 42 degrees and a beveled chamber mouth with a small radius at the bevel to chamber wall transition.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234