Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Got some magazine bands in from a group buy over at the modern sporting rifle site and took a pic of the three 357AR guns we currently have. The MSR site recently did a run of barrels and are working on another run if someone is interested. I have no connection with the MSR site other than being a member and liking the idea of more people shooting 357AR rifles as it can only improve them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

MGO Member Forum User
    I watched your build on another site a few years ago. Being a 357 Max fan, I would be interested in a barrel if the price is right. Would you either post a link to the group buy or pm it to me?

Getting some Starline basic brass would be a great start. They do indeed make it and sell it to commercial reloaders only. At least that is what they told me when I was out there about 9 months ago (I spotted a big bin of it during my tour and asked about it)

I'm also very interested! Perhaps my google ** is lacking because I am having a hard time finding much info on this. I would very much appreciate a link or direction on the barrels.
    "Golf is a good walk spoiled" - Mark Twain

There is a round 2 group buy going on for 16" barrels right now on the MDWS site http://mdws.forumchitchat.com/post/3...3781?&trail=25 I no longer make barrels for sale and have no connection to the group buy other than being partial to the cartridge.

Forgot to include this seasons deer hunting results. Started off using my ar15 in 44x1.8" the first week which we only saw does and a couple little 6pt bucks. As it turns out my son and I both took out a 357AR one evening and both took a doe within a few minutes of each other. 180gr SSP at 2150fps out of a 16" barrel from a batch I loaded up on 10/24/2014. That was just before the first deer season where you could use a straight walled cartridge in the limited zone and they took a buck that first year. Year prior to that I'd hunted with my pistol chambered in it using a different loading. Also finished up another 357AR upper after Christmas, the first one I haven't made the barrel on which came from MDWS. Santa brought me a Burris 3-9x40 30mm scope which is the last thing needed. Once it warms up some I'll shoot it for groups, but I test fired it and it cycled fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

So.......Winchester has apparently caught on....

.350 Legend

https://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2019...ew-350-legend/

Marketplace Moderator
    No need for all this work any more. Winchester just introduced the 350 Legend. A lengthened 357 Max. rimless case designed for the AR15 platform. This was introduced at the Shot Show in Las Vegas. Barrels and brass will be available in the near future. Good Shooting, MOOSE

MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by moosefisher View Post
    No need for all this work any more. Winchester just introduced the 350 Legend. A lengthened 357 Max. rimless case designed for the AR15 platform. This was introduced at the Shot Show in Las Vegas. Barrels and brass will be available in the near future. Good Shooting, MOOSE
    Have you seen any OAL information? All that is published so far is case length of 1.71". I have also seen no mention of suitability in an AR platform.

Marketplace Moderator
    The cartridge was designed for the AR15 platform according to what I have read. No barrels or brass are available yet. Soon I hope. Good Shooting, MOOSE

I am a Forum User
    If one were to build a 350 Legend AR based rifle (for deer):
    What rate of twist?
    What gas port location? For 18"- 22" barrel
    What recoil buffer?

Anything else?

I know magazine would have to be limited to 5 rounds.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast