Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    You could build a SBR, have it registered as an NFA item, and put a silencer on it for less than the $2100 cost of this thing, and it would fire standard ammo instead of the special stuff they're selling....
    But but but binary trigger!!!

I'm glad to see innovation. I'm glad to have one more reason why the NFA registry is pointless. In short, I'm glad they pushed the boundaries and did this, but I'm not someone who'd buy into this. I'd save me $200 and build a pistol or just SBR another lower and keep my bullet spin. But that's me.

All that said, I'm interested to see the velocity differences in same length barrels with proper twist rate for the bullet they're trying to stabilize. I also want to see what this does to quality defensive ammo in gel tests.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by somecrazygreek View Post
    You're telling me that at Shot Show, nobody had a flashlight or remembered their phone cameras have flash?

Quality reporting there gents, 10/10.
    Or there are "no pictures" signs and they all remembered they could be removed from the show.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocowheats View Post
    But but but binary trigger!!!

I'm glad to see innovation. I'm glad to have one more reason why the NFA registry is pointless. In short, I'm glad they pushed the boundaries and did this, but I'm not someone who'd buy into this. I'd save me $200 and build a pistol or just SBR another lower and keep my bullet spin. But that's me.

All that said, I'm interested to see the velocity differences in same length barrels with proper twist rate for the bullet they're trying to stabilize. I also want to see what this does to quality defensive ammo in gel tests.
    If this firearm thing is officially a firearm and generic builds follow suit, then can the police no longer ask people for proof of registration of their SBR because they have no way of knowing whether something is a firearm or SBR without actually examining the barrel of the firearm. Could they do that without a warrant?

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsie View Post
    Or there are "no pictures" signs and they all remembered they could be removed from the show.
    Is that a thing? because there were pictures on the shot range up yesterday...
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsie View Post
    If this firearm thing is officially a firearm and generic builds follow suit, then can the police no longer ask people for proof of registration of their SBR because they have no way of knowing whether something is a firearm or SBR without actually examining the barrel of the firearm. Could they do that without a warrant?
    Deferet case says police can handcuff you and take your gun away (for their safety) just because reasons.
    Heien case says cops aren't liable for "honest mistakes" because they can't be expected to know ALL the laws, and anything they find during a bad stop/investigation is still fair game as long as they didn't really mean to violate your rights.
    Do you think you have some kind of right to be secure in your papers and effects, citizen?
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I can't post links yet! Forum User

Thumbs up

It certainly could be a firearm made from a rifle. All they would have to do is build it up, mount a rifle upper on it, record it as produced as a rifle, then swap on the 11.5" upper.

I'm not buying the trigger thing. It still meets the definition, which is one shot per pull of the trigger. It fires one shot per pull. What happens upon release, is not mentioned anywhere.

I mean, sure... they could make just about any argument they want. But I don't think the trigger idea is at all persuasive.

Hitler reacts to Franklin's Reformation firearm

NSFW. Didn't embed due to language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=_LPKAm0bNsw

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tenthumbs View Post
    NSFW. Didn't embed due to language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=_LPKAm0bNsw
    Lol, those hitler videos are always on point.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    Is that a thing? because there were pictures on the shot range up yesterday...
    I was there two years ago and the only place that photos weren't allowed was in the small "new innovations" section that was off to the side from the main convention hall. Everywhere else seemed like photos were fine.

From the president of Franklin Armory

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast