Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MGO Member Forum User

Marlin 336 .44 Magnum

Is a 1966 Marlin 336 .44 Magnum a rare find ??
    I found this one and bought it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I am a Forum User
    Not commen but I dont think I would say rare. I have never looked for these, but you could look on gun broker and see how many you find. That wiuld at least kinda give you a idea.

I am a Forum User
    Ok I just looked, didnt go thru all 48 pages but what I did go thru not 1 44mag, so maybe you could say rare.

They're not that rare but people that tend to own them just don't want to let them go.
    Last edited by Ruger; 01-13-2018 at 04:48 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruger View Post
    They're not that rare but people the tend to own them just don't want to let them go.
    ^
    THIS

I had one, let it go some years ago in a trade. Looked for another, but wound up buying a Rossi Big Loop Carbine as a replacement. Good find.

MGO Member
    They only made the 336 Magnum in 44 mag in '63 & 64 and only with the straight grip stock. The "Texans" replaced the Magnum from '65-67. Since yours is a 66 it could be a Texan. Check the barrel marking for a 336T stamp.

More info here... http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/33...-s-texans.html

If you mean by that year it might be rare, that is 12 years before I was born, about 30 years before I started shooting.

44 mag marlins are collectable, especially the old pre remington days, JM marked barrel is all you need and its worth much more than a new one.

Not rare as in they only made a couple thousand, there are probably 100,000-150,000 44 mag marlin lever guns out there, but they are very desirable and as mentioned people hold on to them.

MGO Member
    Glad you found one, and a saddle ring to boot! I knew I wasn't going to sell you mine. I love those Texans, and not all are marked 336T. Enjoy!

Excuse me for being nosy but how much did you have to give for it? I'm a Marlin fan and like to keep up on their prices.
    Formerly Known As RevDerb since 2008 with 9,457 posts.
    VietNam era vet (USN - CTT2, USNR - CTT3), NRA Life Member, NRA Certified RSO, SAF, GOA.
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
    http://revderb.blogspot.com John 5:24 <><

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast