Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DTrain View Post
    Guys,
    I have friends that are interested in getting a handgun for home defense. They have two young boys. Safety and preventing unauthorized access is a must. What's on the market for these days for a single handgun, quick access, biometric safe that would provide secure storage, but immediate access to a loaded handgun for one of the parents?

My wife and I do not have kids, so this has never been something I had to dig into.

Thanks!
    OMG, you don't lock your gun up. Be careful you're liable to get shot.

I have a three button by my bed side. The door opens super slow and if you get the combination wrong twice it locks you out. Then it Needs to be opened with a key to rest.

Quote Originally Posted by DTrain View Post
    Yep, those are it. Still a good value at $70.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post
    Yep, those are it. Still a good value at $70.
    Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I am a Forum User
    What about the Hornady RFID safes?

Hands Down, Shotlock mechanical is the only quick access safe I would trust.

I am a Forum User
    I recently bought the Vaultek VT20I. Its fairly new to the market and there have been a few security issues that have been addressed. So far I'm very happy with it. It was a little more then I wanted to spend but I believe it was well worth the investment.

This may help: Best Biometric Gun Safe Reviews

MGO Member
    I have a V-Line with a sliding drawer. It has a Simplex lock. It is great for not having to worry about batteries. Opens every single time. Buttons provide solid, tactile feel to sense you have pushed it in. Paid $200 a couple years back...probably a little more now than then but worth it for sure!!!

MGO Member Forum User
    Are Vaultek safes more form over function?

In Memoriam Forum User
    I wouldn't want to relay on a bio-metric safe. It might let you down when you need it most. Any alteration to your finger print would likely cause it to fail. If you work with your hands and have cuts or pealed skin, dirt/grease/tar/adhesives/blood (or peanut butter & jelly) would likely not go well for you.

MGO Member
    GunVault non-non-bio-metric is the way to go. Well built and reliable, and non-bio-metric leaves less room for failure (less electronics, etc.) and is less expensive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12