Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shimming scope?

What ammo are you using?

The Leupold 3x9x40 with the Bushy turret is, if I have been told right, designed specifically for the 250gr/2200fps Hornady load with a BC of .210.

Remington offers a 260/BC .144 @2180 fps and a 275 Barnes/BC .215 @ 2125fps These loads will very likely not agree with the scope calibration values. The true velocity also may be different then claimed on the box.
    Ruger makes rifles with both 16" and 20" barrels, AR platform lgts vary even more. Barrel length affects speed.

Last, is your range accurately laid out? Is the 100 yd range really 100yds or is it 100M? maybe it is 10 yds off +/-? did you just pace off your distances or sight in at 50 for a 100yd zero? GIGO
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    Not sure if this is allowed but it's driving me nuts I can't post a URL until I have 10 posts.

I am a Forum User
    Sorry, i need to post a few more times

I am a Forum User
    post #6

I am a Forum User
    post #7

I am a Forum User
    post #8

I am a Forum User
    I am using Hornady 250gr FTX. I used my phones GPS to mark off my distances. Figured it's usually within 5-10 feet.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by foste1cc View Post
    I am using Hornady 250gr FTX. I used my phones GPS to mark off my distances. Figured it's usually within 5-10 feet.
    Lets try this again; fill in the specific model:
    Rifle-
    Base-
    Rings-
    Scope-
    Ammunition- Hornady 250gr FTX

I am a Forum User
    It seems I can't post pictures, and not sure if I'll be able to post these links, but I'm not sure of scope rings or specific rail. I can't find a model number on the gun itself, just a serial number. It's a 450 bolt action and the scope is a VX-2 3-9x40. I took a picture of the turret on top. The turret says "450 Bushmaster 250 HDY FTX 2200FPS 1000FT 35F YDS 1/4 MOA.
    As far as I know the rings and rail are factory stock. I think? hopefully these pictures help. I wish I knew enough to supply you with actual model numbers. If there's better pictures you need or something else for me to let you know, please let me know. Thanks for working with me on this one.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast