Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    The first should include a part that makes LYING a punishable offense. Especially in a political sense.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

Lots of the comments are funny.

The bill was written specifically to not give anything up at all, and people still bitch about it. It’s kind of funny being that few people on this website have actually lifted a finger to do anything other complain and misrepresent the law based upon intentions.

The bill was primarily written because too many people are being made felons for accidentally letting a CPL expire. Attempts to make CCW a misdemeanor or to make it a “fix it ticket” for expired licenses has gone nowhere.

MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared1981 View Post

The bill was written specifically to not give anything up at all, and people still bitch about it. It’s kind of funny being that few people on this website have actually lifted a finger to do anything other complain and misrepresent the law based upon intentions.

The bill was primarily written because too many people are being made felons for accidentally letting a CPL expire. Attempts to make CCW a misdemeanor or to make it a “fix it ticket” for expired licenses has gone nowhere.
    This place is loaded with quality virtue signalling content.

The bill was written specifically to not give anything up at all, and people still bitch about it.

Do you actually think it is possible to get a progun bill, that does no harm, through both Chambers and signed by the Governor between the budget passage and the election?

Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    Do you actually think it is possible to get a progun bill, that does no harm, through both Chambers and signed by the Governor between the budget passage and the election?
    Yes. Besides, it’s worth trying a narrowly tailored bill that STAYS FOCUSED. So many of these bills are poorly written and crap and they try to do to much.

1. This bill gives up nothing, so either the whiners can’t read or they are more useless than I thought possible.

2. Keep introducing the same thing every session so it’s not a new concept. LOTS of reps really liked the lifetime bill and it’s the ONLY thing at the moment to keep more people from having their lives ruined, of course the virtue signalers on here never got a single phone call or email from people on the verge of losing everything.

I am a Forum User

Until a few years ago, I never could understand how a CPL holder could possibly forget to renew. I went nearly three months past expiration before realizing what I had done. Of course, this was before the counties were sending out reminders. Yeah, I think I would opt for the lifetime CPL.

Quote Originally Posted by SADAacp View Post
    Until a few years ago, I never could understand how a CPL holder could possibly forget to renew. I went nearly three months past expiration before realizing what I had done. Of course, this was before the counties were sending out reminders. Yeah, I think I would opt for the lifetime CPL.
    Exactly, it’s amazing how many people here are tone deaf. If you were pulled over by the wrong cop, your life would have been ruined. You probably would have lost your job, your home, etc.

Many of these people would have had their lives continued as normal if it wasn’t for Mike Green’s disclosure law which he ignorantly claimed is “for your own good.” And this problem is statewide, it’s not just a “Wayne county problem.”

And the renewal notices mean jack. It hasn't been an affirmative defense that the clerk forgot to send a renewal letter. From the prosecutors and the judges, government employees can forget stuff all day, but not you.
    Last edited by Jared1981; 01-31-2018 at 12:42 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Exactly, it’s amazing how many people here are tone deaf. If you were pulled over by the wrong cop, your life would have been ruined. You probably would have lost your job, your home, etc.

Many of these people would have had their lives continued as normal if it wasn’t for Mike Green’s disclosure law which he ignorantly claimed is “for your own good.” And this problem is statewide, it’s not just a “Wayne county problem.”

And the renewal notices mean jack. It hasn't been an affirmative defense that the clerk forgot to send a renewal letter. From the prosecutors and the judges, government employees can forget stuff all day, but not you.
    Again a great reason to do away with CPL altogether and go to constitutional carry.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    Okay, I missed the following:

You WILL pay $115 for a new or renewal!

I also missed this little bit:

For what little significance that has.
    5h repeal was put in there because it doesn't hurt to remove outdated references from the Firearms Act so there are less pages for people to go through. Lot's of sections in the MCL are no longer applicable (ie. 28.427) but the sections are still there.

Being that the last 28.426 license expired June 30, 2004, section 5h has been irrelevant for 13.5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    I thought the CPL was statewide, and you could move anywhere in the state, without changing a thing on your CPL.
    It is, until you move from Livingston County to Marquette county and need a replacement license and they tell you to drive 6 or 7 hours each way to get replacement license.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast