Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Polymer AR question

I am serious about an 80% receiver. Internet reviews are all to old or company sponsored.
    Who can comment on the best company and why? Also what about pouring own mold with a kit?
    Thanks

I am a Forum User
    Lots of guys 3D printing lowers at AR15.com. pouring is probably near impossible at home. New Frontier are GTG. Mine has gone over 1100 rds so far without a hiccup. Got mine at JoeBob

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    Lots of guys 3D printing lowers at AR15.com. pouring is probably near impossible at home. New Frontier are GTG. Mine has gone over 1100 rds so far without a hiccup. Got mine at JoeBob
    Really, never thought pouring was all that difficult

I am a Forum User
    <deleted>
    Last edited by tlagnhoj; 02-02-2018 at 12:51 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by tlagnhoj View Post
    Not at all true. Pouring would be very easy IF you know how to make the mold. HOWEVER, there would be some work that would be required after casting. The mold would almost HAVE to be a rigid mold to hold specs. So holes for the front and rear take down pins, buffer tower, mag and bolt release... Probably a few others I'm not thinking ofr at the moment would have to be finished after casting. It would probably be VERY close to doing a "0%" after the casting. However, it could be finished with a drill press and a file! If it were me doing it I would put my alignment pins for the mold in the front and rear take-down pin holes and ream to spec. after casting. The mag well COULD be cast in but other than that....

So yes it COULD be do if you know enough about mold making. Could actually be a fun project.
    Fredom 13. They have a mold and ploymer mix that when completed gives a 100% lower with all pin holes. Is this a good idea and safe.

Banned
    I was employed as a Wood Model Maker for years

I am a Forum User
    <deleted>
    Last edited by tlagnhoj; 02-02-2018 at 12:52 PM.

Banned
    Make the mold off an existing lower.
    You have to figure in shrink of the casting material for the mold, and for the lower

I am a Forum User
    <deleted>
    Last edited by tlagnhoj; 02-02-2018 at 12:52 PM.

I am a Forum User
    From the mind behind the shovel AK. https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Fr...ler_/4-676733/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast