Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Massachusetts Orders Residents to Surrender Bump Stocks

Massachusetts Orders Residents to Surrender Bump Stocks

By AWR Hawkins
    Breitbart
    January 20th. 2018

The state of Massachusetts is ordering residents to surrender any bump stocks in their possession, making clear that even keeping such an accessory at home is prohibited.

Massachusetts’ bump stock ban is a response to the October 1, 2017, Las Vegas shooting, wherein the devices were criminally to inflict harm. No bump stock crimes in the state of Massachusetts have been cited.

MGO Member
    I'm sure the good citizens of Massachusetts will be lined up 3 deep to turn them in. NOT.
    "I'm good to go, even if I'm not going anywhere."

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M View Post
    I'm sure the good citizens of Massachusetts will be lined up 3 deep to turn them in. NOT.
    3-5yr felony for having one.
    i'm sure plenty of people will figure it's not worth the risk.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    3-5yr felony for having one.
    i'm sure plenty of people will figure it's not worth the risk.
    I am sure that plenty of people will divest themselves of them, but as far as I know, they have never been a regulated item, so who would have a record of them having it to begin with?

Sell them "out of state", hide them well, or turn them in. Those are the three basic options.

Of course it was the legitimate government of the time that came out of Boston to seize powder stores that started the first citizen uprising 243 years ago this coming Apr 19th.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    They need to throw their politicians in the harbor.

Joe

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    I am sure that plenty of people will divest themselves of them, but as far as I know, they have never been a regulated item, so who would have a record of them having it to begin with?
    About the only way I can come up with is that if there were any in State stores that sold them they could have their records seized. Out of State I wouldn't think they'd have any authority.

I am a Forum User
    How does this not violate at least, the fifth amendment prohibition of taking without just compensation?

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by DP425 View Post
    How does this not violate at least, the fifth amendment prohibition of taking without just compensation?
    It does. But somebody's going to have to fight it, and the state has a couple levels of court they can fight it in, all the while asking that the order be enforced "for public safety" while it is being decided through each appeal. and with the way courts have been going lately, it's anybody's guess how it would turn out. one thing is almost sure though - scotus isn't going to look at it because it's about guns.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

Shall not be infringed.
    Formerly Known As RevDerb since 2008 with 9,457 posts.
    VietNam era vet (USN - CTT2, USNR - CTT3), NRA Life Member, NRA Certified RSO, SAF, GOA.
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
    http://revderb.blogspot.com John 5:24 <><

Quote Originally Posted by red442joe View Post
    They need to throw their politicians in the harbor.

Joe
    Isn't it polluted enough?
    “The path of the warrior is difficult!
    We live to protect those who cannot protect themselves!
    Honor in serving!
    Honor in defending!
    Honor in dying for a just cause!”

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast