Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MGO Member

Best Glock trigger spring kit?

I have a gen 3 Glock 17 that I have been working on, trying to make it a “budget” combat pistol. I don’t really wanna spend $100+ on a aftermarket trigger yet so I’m leaning towards upgrading with a spring kit. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

Save your money. Spring kits will make your gun less reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by DLL9MM View Post
    Yes, that's why spring kits are so popular.
    Almost every gun I own has had an aftermarket spring kit installed. The only one that is 'unreliable' is my GP100. I have such a light hammer spring that I will get occasional failures to fire due to light primer strikes. I know this is an issue so I only use Federal primers, and only use the pistol for target shooting, or hunting with proven hand loads.

I can install the heavier hammer spring in minutes should I ever decide to carry the gun, or wish to use other primers.

Jimbean96
    , a spring kit from The Glock Store, Lone Wolf, ZEV, or Wolf would likely serve you well. Experiment with the springs, make sure you get consistent ignition. As long as you stick to a recognizable name brand you can't go too wrong. Spring kits are inexpensive, and worst case scenario you reinstall the original springs and sell the new ones to one of us.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

I am a Forum User
    STOCK is best. Or get a STOCK minus connector and an NY1 spring for a different type of pull with a firmer reset.

MGO Member
    Has anybody had good results with a certain kit? I want to experiment but not with every kit.

I am a Forum User
    The parts I listed are under $20 combined.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DLL9MM View Post
    +1000000

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    The parts I listed are under $20 combined.
    I read online that that combination makes for a “double action” trigger pull which is not what I’m looking for. I want something short and snappy.

I am a Forum User
    Zev V4 connector then

I am a Forum User
    Zev v4, wolf 6# trigger spring, 4# striker spring, reduced power plunger spring. BTW, data shows recoil is almost exactly the same using different recoil spring but the slide return to lock up times are reduced significantly with heavier recoil springs. Factory is 17# but a 20#+ will get you 10-20 milliseconds faster slide lockup. A light recoil spring is slower. #proven using 1000ms video at shootingtimes.com. Search Glock recoil spring affects timing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast