Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Thread: UZI Carbine

UZI Carbine

Does anyone have any suggestions for mounting a red dot on an UZI carbine? Preferably something that will not damage or ruin the value.

MGO Member
    I bought a surplus top cover for mine and then pop riveted/JB welded a piece of weaver rail to it. You have to put a spacer under it to raise it up so the cocking handle plate doesn't hit it under recoil. I used a piece of bar stock for my riser. I also had to cut a slot in the weaver rail to fit the particular red dot I was using. I had If I was to do it again I would use a pictinnny rail instead but those weren't readily available back in the day.

I think the better way would be to weld the spacer to the top plate and then drill and tap holes to secure the rail. I didn't have the ability to do that at the time.

Here is a rail you can put on your top cover. I suggest buying an extra top cover to mount it.

http://shop-usbarrelshrouds-com.3dca...-NEW_p_10.html

There are top cover's available with rails already mounted but they are $100+

http://www.bweparts.com/Full-Size-UZ...zi-fs-prtc.htm
    Last edited by Garymac; 01-27-2018 at 06:43 PM.

buy a new top cover, put the numbers matching one, or just matching finish one in a box, take it to a smith and get the appropriate mount mounted.

Rock on like 1980s action hero, but with a red dot.

I am a
    How long is the barrel? I have a mac 10 with m4 handguards and a rail in the top. Works great.