Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

300 BLK Gas System

I'm toying with the idea of building an AR in 300 BLK for my son to hunt with. It will have a 16" barrel, but I not sure if I should go with a pistol or carbine length gas system. Besides just shooting hunting rounds, I would also like to be able to run subsonic rounds suppressed.

I am a Forum User
    From what I understand pistol length is what you want for suppressing a 300 blk. I have been hunting with 300 blk for the last two season and plan to go suppressed next season. The pistol length gas has worked great for me and hopefully will this coming deer season.

MGO Member
    Go with a "pistol" length less of a chance you will need a adjustable gas block....

300 BLK Gas System

Quote Originally Posted by coyote wacker View Post
    Go with a "pistol" length less of a chance you will need a adjustable gas block....
    Adjustable gas blocks don’t help you with being under gassed, which is what carbine length gas would be without a larger gas port.

Always go pistol length gas on 300BLK regardless of barrel length. There’s a reason companies like Ballistic Advantage don’t even offer carbine length.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

Pistol.