Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

5 Guns Not To Be Without During Trying Times

5 Guns Not To Be Without During Trying Times

Let’s imagine for a moment that the world of tax-funded public safety and well-stocked grocery stores are a thing of the past and you, perhaps with a handful of family and friends, must fend for yourself in a tough and hostile environment. Among the considerations for survival are, of course, firearms. Which would you choose?

The most critical consideration for firearms in this scenario would be reliability. Does it go “bang” with every trigger press? Does it cycle the widest possible spectrum of ammo available in that caliber? Is it simple to maintain? What ammunition is likely to be found in the area? It’s a given that one of each major civilian classification of firearms will be needed—a handgun, a rifle, and a shotgun. Our task here is to pick an ideal group of five.

MGO Member
    1. Remington 870 12 gauge or other reliable pump shotgun
    2. Ruger 10/22 semi- auto .22 or other reliable .22 rifles
    3. Ar15 or ak47 or if you are on a budget sks, if you have lots of money a m1a or other semi auto rifle (not a hunting style, military style)
    4. 9mm or .45acp semi- auto pistol think glock
    5. Larger caliber bolt action rifle .308 or bigger for hunting larger game and long distance precision shooting.

If you have a m1a for #3 then you can sub a .22 pistol for #5

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

1. Handgun
    2. Carbine
    3. Shotgun
    4. Bolt action rifle
    5. .22 rimfire

his list looks a lot like the rolling stone list "the 5 most dangerous guns in america"
    1. Pistol
    2. Revolver
    3. Rifle
    4. Shotgun
    5. Derringer
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Preacherboy View Post
    1. Remington 870 12 gauge or other reliable pump shotgun
    2. Ruger 10/22 semi- auto .22 or other reliable .22 rifles
    3. Ar15 or ak47 or if you are on a budget sks, if you have lots of money a m1a or other semi auto rifle (not a hunting style, military style)
    4. 9mm or .45acp semi- auto pistol think glock
    5. Larger caliber bolt action rifle .308 or bigger for hunting larger game and long distance precision shooting.

If you have a m1a for #3 then you can sub a .22 pistol for #5
    Like the list with possible exception of #2. I've never owned a 10/22, need to buy one, but I know my lever action is much more reliable then semi's I have shot. Especially with dirtier ammo and/or infrequent cleaning. Also, it is much faster to cycle if there is a round that fails to go bang.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by vansic26 View Post
    Like the list with possible exception of #2. I've never owned a 10/22, need to buy one, but I know my lever action is much more reliable then semi's I have shot. Especially with dirtier ammo and/or infrequent cleaning. Also, it is much faster to cycle if there is a round that fails to go bang.
    also, you can fashion a knuckleduster for the loop and use it to flip-load AND beat zombies with.
    There would probably be a way to use the barrel band to hold on a hatchet blade...
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vansic26 View Post
    Even so, the 10/22 has a lot of versatility in that you can change it to fit your needs. It is also a very reliable platform. As a rifle instructor who teaches classes with 22s I've seen lever guns go down as often as or more than 10/22s in sustained and high round count classes. When properly trained in it's use the 10/22 loses nothing to a lever or even a bolt gun.

I am a Forum User
    Sacrifice the large caliber .308 bolt action, (you aren't a sniper), and replace it with a powerful .22 air rifle for the hunting of small game that you can actually hit and carry home without attracting unwanted attention from afar...

If you can't kill it with an AK it isn't worth wasting the ammunition...

MGO Member
    Let’s imagine for a moment that the world of tax-funded public safety and well-stocked grocery stores are a thing of the past and you, perhaps with a handful of family and friends, must fend for yourself in a tough and hostile environment.

In this day and age the concept of much hunting, if any for most people would be non-happening in the circumstances outlined. City dwellers wouldn't have much to hunt for very long and the folks out in the rural areas would certainly not welcome them!
    So a large caliber for hunting large game is pretty useless.
    Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by gjgalligan View Post
    Let’s imagine for a moment that the world of tax-funded public safety and well-stocked grocery stores are a thing of the past and you, perhaps with a handful of family and friends, must fend for yourself in a tough and hostile environment.

In this day and age the concept of much hunting, if any for most people would be non-happening in the circumstances outlined. City dwellers wouldn't have much to hunt for very long and the folks out in the rural areas would certainly not welcome them!
    So a large caliber for hunting large game is pretty useless.
    I plan on being a cannibal. the .308 would be a better choice for me to hunt "THE MOST DANGEROUS GAME" without it fighting back.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    I plan on being a cannibal. the .308 would be a better choice for me to hunt "THE MOST DANGEROUS GAME" without it fighting back.
    You lie like a cheap Japanese watch...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast