Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Weaver vs Picatinny Mounts

Here is a quick video from our YouTube Channel "Old School Gun Shop." The video discusses the difference between Weaver Scope Bases vs. Picatinny-Style Bases. Are they different or are they the same thing? Check it out!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rlzu_5Wew1E&t=26s
    Last edited by RLittle; 02-23-2018 at 04:11 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Biggerhammer still has both MIL-STD-1913 standards available for download in .pdf format, along with engineering drawings of the basic Picatinny rail dimensions.

Quote Originally Posted by 10x25mm View Post
    Biggerhammer still has both MIL-STD-1913 standards available for download in .pdf format, along with engineering drawings of the basic Picatinny rail dimensions.
    Thanks for posting the Picatinny Rail Specs.

WHOA! Cant watch that one. That screeching sound about made me get sick. Thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmann1967 View Post
    WHOA! Cant watch that one. That screeching sound about made me get sick. Thanks anyway.
    Screeching sound?? This is our first attempt at running videos, I know the sound quality is not the best. Are you referring to the noise or hum in a few spots of the video, not sure? Either way, thanks for the input!

Quote Originally Posted by RLittle View Post
    Screeching sound?? This is our first attempt at running videos, I know the sound quality is not the best. Are you referring to the noise or hum in a few spots of the video, not sure? Either way, thanks for the input!
    Yes , the unfortunate constant screeching "hum" very high frequency. You may not be able to hear it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldmann1967 View Post
    Yes , the unfortunate constant screeching "hum" very high frequency. You may not be able to hear it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Thanks, apparently we need to upgrade our sound quality capabilities! Look for more videos in the future.

I am a Forum User
    Nice video, but I also hear the hum.

Quote Originally Posted by RLittle View Post
    Thanks, apparently we need to upgrade our sound quality capabilities! Look for more videos in the future.
    Sounds like a 60 cycle hum. Powered mic with bad filtering, or perhaps the gain was cranked on the mic?
    Regardless, good information. Thank you for taking the time to share!
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach