Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garands

I am a Forum User
    Will they transfer a 1911 or a Garand to a C&R license holder or do they require you to go through an FFL?

The 1911s (when they are available) will have to go through an FFL. The Garands they will ship to your front door.
    “The path of the warrior is difficult!
    We live to protect those who cannot protect themselves!
    Honor in serving!
    Honor in defending!
    Honor in dying for a just cause!”

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeto View Post
    The 1911s (when they are available) will have to go through an FFL. The Garands they will ship to your front door.
    Thank you!

I'm actually waiting on my CMP Garand currently. Be prepared for a bit of a wait though, I think I'm just over 2 weeks in and just got the e-mail saying "we've received your order but it still needs to go into our Sales Dept. and then into Shipping". I agree that they are by far the cheapest at $730 with free shipping and no FFL fee.

I paid $25 for a year membership at a Garand collector's club which satisfied the club requirement.

You could have paid $25 to MGO and satisfied the requirement as well.
    “The path of the warrior is difficult!
    We live to protect those who cannot protect themselves!
    Honor in serving!
    Honor in defending!
    Honor in dying for a just cause!”

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by castrotikon View Post
    ...Be prepared for a bit of a wait though, I think I'm just over 2 weeks in ...
    ha. you think thats a wait...

my first was close to 2 months and even THAT was fast considering back when the DCM was the organization handling them, your "one garand per lifetime" allotment could take a year or more to be delivered...

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by ltdave View Post
    ha. you think thats a wait...

my first was close to 2 months and even THAT was fast considering back when the DCM was the organization handling them, your "one garand per lifetime" allotment could take a year or more to be delivered...
    Exactly! "Kids" nowadays don't know how easy they have it. Didn't the requirements used to be harder, also? I remember taking a "DCM M1 Garand" class.

I purchased my "one per lifetime" Garand in the middle 90s, waited almost two years. Multiple forms, fingerprints, proof of "qualified" competition'; back then, I shot mid-range (200 - 600 yards with iron sights), high power rifle (any centerfire cartridge) at the National Matches at Camp Perry - no CMP stores in those days. You got what you got, delivered by the U.S. Post Office. Much about DCM / CMP has changed since then, largely for the better.

Guess I'm just used to being able to pick up something via Gunbroker and have it at my FFL's door within a week :P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12