Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

MGO Member Forum User

Info/ value on Jap bring backs please (part 2)

Arisaka Type 38

In comparison, the 38 has an intact mum and appears to be original 6.5 chamber but the stock has been abused considerably. It has the sight attached but a lot of damage to the wood stock. I wonder if the damage affects value much as it likely was a battlefield souvenir. I haven't had time to check for matching numbers. Bore looks good for sitting around forever, and I would be interested in putting a few rounds down range after a thorough inspection by a gunsmith, except for concerns regarding the stock. Not sure if I'm interested in letting this one go (because things like this interest me greatly) but wondering about value. Still, it may be better suited for someone who has more of an interest than I.

Info that I have: Koishikawa Arsenal (Tokyo), no series, manufactured 1906-1935

Based on overall production numbers I averaged 1917 as build date but I would like to see if there is more detailed info to get a more accurate year of manufacture.

Also have a bayonet with metal scabbard that matches the stock color to this one, though I did not get these items together, & I believe the model is specific to the 99.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Man, if that rifle could only talk.....

Is there a story with it?

MGO Member Forum User
    Unfortunately, PO passed away 15 years ago & I came to own these guns rather recently. Would have liked to sit & have a frosty beverage or two & get the scoop.