Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Sig P210A 9mm Target review

Well, I drank the kool-aid as I'm a sucker for an accurate pistol. Sometimes back put my name on a list at Williams gunsight Co to be called when they had a sig 210 come in. They called on Wednesday and I picked it up on Saturday of this week. Got it home cleaned the barrel lubed the gun and went to the range today. First impression good fit and tight lockup. Fiber optic green front sight, adjustable rear sight. Beautiful wooden grips with magwell made through the extended grips. Good checkering on front strap of grips, not to aggressive. The grips fit my hand nicely and gun points well. Has a black nitride finish that will hopefully be wear resistant. Has magazine release and safety similar to the 1911. Mags drop freely. Comes with two mags additional mags are about $40.00. Trigger guard is squared in front. Gun is easy to disassemble and reassemble. Trigger is amazing. Average for six pulls on my Lyman trigger gauge was 3.52 lbs.
    I put it through the paces with reloads I had on hand and factory cci blazer 115 rn fmj. Fired 8 shot groups from 50 ft with 8 different loads varying in bullet weights. The overall ctc average for all groups was 1.659 inches shooting from my gun bag. So the gun probably shoots better. I'll wring it out at 50 yards in the summer. Here is a list of bullets used for testing with the reloads.
    115 grain zero bullets tc and rn, 125 zero fp, 135 etreme fp, and 147 extreme rn. 105 tc bayou bullet, and 135 rn bayou bullet. All using Titegroup powder with the exception of the 125 grain which used aa #7. The zero bullets are jacketed, the extreme bullets are plated, and the bayou bullets are coated lead sized to. 356. All rounds fed and fired. I fired an additional 100 rounds or so freehand to get the feel of the gun and for break in. Muzzle flip is minimal as well as recoil.
    Things I didn't like wish the fiber optic was larger but it is a target gun. Also limitation of 8 rounds for the magazine. Limited holsters.
    Pics enclosed. For reference the black square is one inch in diameter. I'm sure the gun will shoot better than I did. Hope this helps if anyone is considering one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator Shyster's Avatar
    I was fondling one the other day and had a real hard time walking away. Too many target guns and too many 9mm's to buy it but it would be a first choice otherwise.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners. Any opinion I express on an issue should not be considered legal advice.

For those interested in establishing an NFA or Gun Trust click here. For my contact information click here. Follow me on Twitter @makowskilegal or my website www.makowskilegal.com

I was really torn about buying one, but a S&W Model 952 came my way at a very affordable price and it has satisfied my quest for a 9mm target gun, at least for now. You can't hardly go wrong with the 210 though as the market has consistently remained strong. Looking forward to your 50 yard results.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom S. View Post
    I was really torn about buying one, but a S&W Model 952 came my way at a very affordable price and it has satisfied my quest for a 9mm target gun, at least for now. You can't hardly go wrong with the 210 though as the market has consistently remained strong. Looking forward to your 50 yard results.
    Yea I bought a 952-2 the new stainless 6" model and love it also. Always have to have a new toy.

MGO Member
    Well, I bought one this weekend as well! Your description is spot on!
    Which bullets did it like the best? I know I have 115 and 124 xtp around!

Quote Originally Posted by sfineone View Post
    Well, I bought one this weekend as well! Your description is spot on!
    Which bullets did it like the best? I know I have 115 and 124 xtp around!
    I shot the zero 115 tc which is basically a 115 xtp but cost less and it liked these with 4.0 grains of Titegroup. But it shot most weights really well.

Just checked my notes the 115 with 4.0 grains Titegroup with OAL of 1.080 mixed brass and win primers shot 1.018 8 shot group at 50 ft which was the best group but 125 fp zero came in at 2.337 but with AA #7.

I picked up a new P-210 last week and had it out yesterday. The gun has a very smooth and light trigger. The trigger is light enough that care must be taken not to accidentally double tap. Additionally, the slide, which fits inside the frame as opposed to outside like 1911's do, fit very well and no wobble or play. Group sizes, fired off hand inside were tighter than all but two of my other 9mm's (a modified Browning HP and a S&W 952). When weather gets more conducive to shooting outside, I'll do a comparison between this gun and my S&W 952. I predict a close competition. One minor thing I did notice: some lighter loads I made especially for the HP would not function reliably in this gun. That's not a fault, just an observation. On the other hand, I have a Sig P-228 that has fed, fired and functioned with everything I've ever loaded it with. Overall, I'm pleased with the gun, though it is on the pricey side of things. How well it maintains it's value compared to P-210's made in Europe remains to be seen.

I had a few of those double taps also. You're right about the trigger. Look forward to the comparison. I also have a 952-2.